• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I nuts? I'm driving 500 miles Saturday to buy some comics..

35 posts in this topic

its that road trip that everyone waits for.

During the first 500..the anticipation is the adrenilin that gets you there...

On the way back, it is the delusional justification that jacks you up coming home.

But a Must Do Trip, nonetheless.

Now you have an added story to your comicbook collecting fable.

Re: Pep #23...pull the tape off !

I just noticed the label that says "Action Adventure Detective"

I wonder if thats a direct dig against the top three DC lines at the time or just three typical comic book adjectives.

I wouldn't do it unless you can purchase a certain amount - say $5,000 +, and get them at a substantial discount (mininum of 20%). First dibs (at retail) really isn't that great a deal unless the books are impossible to find or red hot. Now, I know some of those Pep's are tough but unless they're F/VF +, you can find them if you wait a bit.

The Archie 1 would be a coup, but it's off the table.

Believe me, if you get there after driving 7 hours (with a 7 hour drive ahead of you back home) you're not going to want to return empty handed, and the chances of buying something you really don't want for the price, or over-paying, increase substantially.

Did you ask him to send you the books via Fed Ex or UPS? You'd have them the next day...

I'm driving about 200 miles each way tomorrow to pick up a comic book myself! wink.gif

what, you never heard of pony express? smile.gif

How about carrier pigeon? Or carrier bat?

I prefer Cayman S, black on black of course.... devil.gif

So I'm throwing a few grand in my car and driving each way 500 miles. I've spoken to him several times on the phone but never met him in person.

Am I nuts? confused.gif

so just watch out for yourself. you're meeting a guy you've never met, and he (probably) knows you have several thousand in cash on you.

for this kind of transaction, i'd probably try to bring a friend (i know.. easier said than done).

If you can't find a friend to come along you could see if Nerfherder-3 can lend you his not so friendly 9 mm. Seriously though, be careful. hi.gif