• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This shadiness of this guy is unrelenting!

38 posts in this topic

Calling this guy shady is an insult to shady people!

I'm surprised Darthdiesel hasn't posted yet, sticking up for this seller. "It says right in the auction it's a reprint. It's your own fault if you didn't see that, you can't blame the seller, etc, etc..."

grin.gif

It's a reprint and it is posted in the auction. Maybe Golden Age reprints are selling in triple figures for those not in the know frown.gif

If you are just trying to get my goat, there's a huge difference with claiming a Qualified CGC 9.4 is NM in the title and omitting Qualified and what this seller is doing. I'm not going to defend this seller because his whole attitude plain stinks about refunds and getting out of the business. The description is blatantly verbose for the reason you pointed out that he is hiding something. all serious Golden Age bidders would be well off staying away from this seller but has he broken any eBay rules in listing? Focus on that.

I'm glad Shield pointed it out but if you think you're getting a BV $1000 book for $69, then you are the one who can't see past your own greed.you should know better, especially if you hang out on this forum...

This comic is a reprint.

Tough to find in the description. Perhaps this is why the description is so verbose, as to hide this one little sentence. I'm surprised he didn't go on to describe his childhood - "I was born at a very early age..."

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. This comic is a reprint. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

Directly from the description...

"Only bid if you’re in it for real about this transaction and please do not if you are not. This collection is deeply important to me and I need to be sure that the next potential owner will give them a good home."

It should read something like:

"Only bid if I have distracted you/bored you enough to make you stop reading by now before you get to the 'This is a reprint.' line and skip down to my '***So basically here is the important stuff (not really)***' line at the bottom. It is deeply important that I sell this book for as much as I can because your money needs a good home in my bank account."

Well, one of the last times a Pep #17 reprint went up, it ended at $255. I was really pissed off about it, as I *KNEW* it was a reprint.

Need proof? Go here; I saved the auction....

Pep #17 Reprint NOT disclosed as such

After you're there, visit this page to view my *real* copy of Pep #17. All the reprints are severly miscut on the right hand side.

Pep 17 - A genuine copy

I have done more then my share of transctions with neatstuffcollectibles, most were good. It is just that Michael Carbanaro scares me... what a freakly looking guy. grin.gif

[quote

I have done more then my share of transctions with neatstuffcollectibles, most were good. It is just that Michael Carbanaro scares me... what a freakly looking guy. grin.gif

A friend of mine ran across a collection in tiny little Barnesville, Georgia. A guy just walked into his movie-rental club with a box of comics he wanted to sell...

Danny paid the guy $900.00 for the stuff (which was his full asking price) lots of it was "junque". Some of the books were coverless, some were water-damaged, loads were near-pristine, though.

My pal calls Carbonaro. He hopped on a plane the next day, flew to Atlanta, rented a car, and made the 1.5-hour drive to Barnesville, where he promptly offered my friend a whopping 2000 bucks for the 300+ book collection! 27_laughing.gif

Danny called me, and said, "I'm more than doubling my money! Should I take the deal?"

After he got off the phone, he politely thanked M.C. for coming. I made the drive to Barnesville, picked up the stuff, and went to selling it for him. The 13 Batman under issue 30 went to private collectors, and made him a pile of cash, as did the early Superman stuff. Most of the Barks Disney's were bought by one guy...about 4800 dollars in all.

For my payment? I took the coverless-damaged stuff, and put it on E-bay, and pocketed "just under" $2000.00, myself...

Here's the kicker, Danny said he would have TAKEN the deal ( needing money badly ) had Carbonaro not "Freaked him out" so badly! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

-Joe

"You've just been 'Carbonized!' " (ala Han Solo)

My favorite phrase heard from dealers, when they see folks walking around with uncut Wacky Package Sheets, at a convention - since Carbo has been selling them for years. You can always tell who's been to his booth...

Possible that the seller's account was cancelled due to other ebay violations (like too many NPB's/FVCRs filed against him or or complaints of not shipping items) not related to the description of the item. That would still result in geting all his items posted for sale pulled off and marked with the invalid item page. I'm not supporting this guy, but just putting forth a possible scenario. smile.gif

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. This comic is a reprint. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy - the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Too funny, Bonds! The style is quite reminiscent of Glenn Baxter... are you a Baxter fan? His stuff is so funny sometimes it makes ya cry...

893applaud-thumb.gif

Too funny, Bonds! The style is quite reminiscent of Glenn Baxter... are you a Baxter fan? His stuff is so funny sometimes it makes ya cry...

I thought he was more of a Dr. Evil fan 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought he was more of a Dr. Evil fan 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

grin.gif