• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Thought it was time I shared my little comic-cave with you all. I recently built a 500 sq. ft. addition onto our house. This allowed me to reclaim this home office all for myself and clean it up some. Currently storing all 5000+ of my books here, and probably have room to double that as I keep buying 'em! (thumbs u

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010005-3.jpg

P1010001-3.jpg

P1010006-3.jpg

Love how you photo copied covers of comics to paste on the front of the boxes, makes it easy for referance and dresses them up a bit for open storing. (thumbs u

Those plastic tubs things are interesting never seen those used for storage what is there rough dimensions how much cost and where did you pick them up please. Also how do they work for you? are the comics snug width wise?

Overal a well organized cool space!!

Love how you photo copied covers of comics to paste on the front of the boxes{/quote]

Dammit, photocopying or scanning would have been a great idea! I never should have cut the covers off of those books doh! (j/k)

Those plastic tubs things are interesting never seen those used for storage what is there rough dimensions how much cost and where did you pick them up please. Also how do they work for you? are the comics snug width wise?

Overal a well organized cool space!!

Got the plastic bins at Ikea, and they work out really nicely. Don't have one here at work to measure for you --- but I will say that moderns and bronze-age fit nicely. A "Silver" sized mylar, though, is a little too wide. Here's a link: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/86696810. I use these for a lot of current titles, minis, etc. that get moved around and re-organized more often. They're really sturdy, and it's easier to access the books without the lids.

I can fit 14 boxes across the top there. The one long box I have up there is all my doubles for my son. I don't know if I like the boxes overhanging that much. The rest of my collection is short boxes. I am planning on wood floors and possibly something like what Chromium has as far as shelving. Probably not as big as he has though.

Well actually mine is full now :(

When I first had it made I thought I went overboard and would never get it full...well I did, and then some..had I known the madness would consume me this much, I might have gone for an even bigger unit

This picture shows about half the setup, I can't step away far enough to to get the entire thing in one shot :frustrated:

cabinet1.jpg

On a side note, I put up this border in my son's room and am considering it for my office/comic room. Don't know if you guys have seen this before.

http://www.fyhome.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=143252

I think it looks great. I will post some pictures of my son's room so you can take a look at it a little bit later. :cloud9:

Looks really nice, can't wait to see how it looks in your son' room. My son is 6 and has a Disney themed room, but I'm hoping in a few years time he'll go Marvel :devil:

Here are some pictures of my son's room. Yes he was heavily influenced by his father, but he still chose everything himself. Yes he is a little marvel zombie in training, but he did want to wear a Flash costume for Halloween last year. I will be sure to break him of that. :devil:

ColbysRoom010.jpg

ColbysRoom008.jpg

ColbysRoom007.jpg

ColbysRoom004.jpg

ColbysRoom001.jpg

Great looking room. As a kid I would have killed to decorate my room like that so kudos for allowing your son to have it his way. (thumbs u

How did you create the strip of covers?

ColbysRoom008.jpg

Great looking room. As a kid I would have killed to decorate my room like that so kudos for allowing your son to have it his way. (thumbs u

How did you create the strip of covers?

ColbysRoom008.jpg

I found the border online. Here is a link for it http://www.fyhome.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=143252 although I found it much cheaper elsewhere. I will have to find the receipt and post the website later. It is a very cool border as they are just a little smaller than an actual comic.

Oh yeah, it is a real joy to put up as well. :pullhair:

ALL great rooms so far! Keep 'em coming people!

I am working on getting my guest/comic room 2 together. Hopefully I'll have something up by the end of year. :wishluck: I'll have to take some shots next time I am out at the storage units as well.

John (thumbs u