• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

My wife has just authorized my acquisition of the downstairs spare bedroom to use as my personal office (and comic room!). I'm getting my stuff put together now, but I'll have everything in order before the close of the week and will post pics when I'm done.

Needless to say, I was tearing into this project last night like a monkey on a cupcake! :banana:

:popcorn: Enjoy it while you can. If you decide to have children, the spare room quickly disappears... :tonofbricks:

I'm looking forward to seeing your OA on the wall!

See that was part of the deal- we actually have two spare bedrooms: a large one upstairs that we HAD been sharing and the smaller downstairs one which was essentially glorified storage. The larger one is ear-marked for the future babyroom, but until then, she has free reign over it. I get the smaller space, BUT it's mine for a longer period of time.

I think this is one instance where compromise actually worked in my favor! :o

lol

See that was part of the deal- we actually have two spare bedrooms: a large one upstairs that we HAD been sharing and the smaller downstairs one which was essentially glorified storage. The larger one is ear-marked for the future babyroom, but until then, she has free reign over it. I get the smaller space, BUT it's mine for a longer period of time.

I think this is one instance where compromise actually worked in my favor! :o

lol

Don't tell her that. :gossip:

here is the pics you requested.

1st is a Batman drawn by Tommy Lee Edwards

IMG_0593a.jpg

2nd a cell from the t.v. cartoon signed by Stan Lee(in photo signing item)

IMG_0594a.jpg

2 McFarlane splash pages from Amazing Spider-Man

bagley.jpg

bagley2.jpg

Moon Knight drawn by David Finch

davidfinchmknight.jpg

Wolverine drawn by Billy Tan

wolvoreine.jpg

Sketchbook of Ethan Van Sciver with Green Lantern sketch by mr. Van Sciver

ethanvansciverGL.jpg

original autograph of the great Vivian Leigh-of gone with the wind

vivianleigh2.jpg

Very nice collection! I especially like the Moon Knight and Batman art. Very Cool! (thumbs u

my problem is the comic room is on the third floor of my house and we have a lot of stairs. every long box I drag up there is a heart attack waiting to happen! once i get the entire contents of my storage room up there I will take a picture and it will look frightening, assuming the weight of all those comics doesn't make the ceiling below them collapse (upon engineering advise provided here I will spread them out...)

I was told by a friend that I had purchased them from that they were McFarlanes.If they are not McFarlanes art WHO ORIGINALLY DID THE ART? The pages say Amazing Spider-man at the top of the pages.now I'm kind of pissed that they might not be what I was told they were.

Nice art!

Don't want to burst your bubble, but those Spidey pages are not McFarlane's.

:gossip:

And they're not splash pages either.

No question about it, it is Ramos. I know Ramos did Peter Parker : Spider-Man with Paul Jenkins but on Amazing? I haven't seen him on that one yet.

I would post the images up in the OA forum- the guys who frequent it might be able to help. But I can definitely say w/o a doubt they aren't McFarlane (whose pages like this would have literally cost you a couple thousand $$$ each). They are very nice looking though.