• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Picture298.jpg

I love the comic stand on the left! Do you know from what year it dates and in what retail establishment it once did duty?

???

I don't. I just picked it up at the fela market for $50 about a month ago. Most board members think early 90s.

It must be later than that. There's a CGC slab at the top.

Picture298.jpg

I love the comic stand on the left! Do you know from what year it dates and in what retail establishment it once did duty?

???

I don't. I just picked it up at the fela market for $50 about a month ago. Most board members think early 90s.

It must be later than that. There's a CGC slab at the top.

Indeed, because I placed it there the other day. No where else to put it.

A couple of Neal Adams pieces are what make this shot.

Cool! Any closeups of those sketches?

???

Here you go!

Unfortunately, the Deadman is personalized and reads "To Stu". They came out of an OO collection I bought a few years back. It was a really fun collection to go through. The guy had literally everything to do with his favorite artists such as; Adams, Kirby and Kubert. He has newspaper clippings, magazine articles, sketchbooks, you name it and he had it! I sold a couple of pieces a few years back. One was an 8.5x11" Enemy Ace that was laminated doh! The other was an Adams' Green Arrow, again it was laminated!!! If they hadn't been laminated, I think I would have kept them. Oh well, I did alright with the sale and still have these and a few others.

Actually, I also have the piece pictured below that came with the collection. I don't know what to think of it! It IS colored on the actual paper and not a colored copy. Where would I go to find out if this is in fact done by Kirby? Who would I ask? I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to the OA. Any and all help would be genuinely appreciated! I am sure that IF it really is done by Kirby, that it will be worth a pretty penny!!!

Again, thanks for all the comments! Also nice to see a few more rooms added... keep 'em coming!

Here's the pics...

Adams:

AdamsSketches.jpg

Kirby??? :popcorn:

Kirby.jpg

And that is that! I look forward to any and all input. I can take criticism, so please don't be shy! Now that doesn't mean that is an open invitation to be rude and obnoxious, just honest opinions!

Again, thanks all!

John (thumbs u

This isn't exclusively a comic room but it's also the studio I work in every day (nicknamed "The Cave"). It's a small space I've designed to make work for me. You'll see I'm a Star Wars collector as well as a comics nut but you'll find a bunch of other weird things in here too....

room2.jpg

room1.jpg

room3.jpg

room4.jpg

room5.jpg

room6.jpg

Was it a major award?

lol Thanks for the comments! Yeah, it is the item that is most easily recognized. The cool story with that lamp though is that it was a gift from my dad when I graduated college and got my own place. He was going to visit me and told me that a wooden crate arrived for me and that he didn't know what it was. He actually made a giant wooden crate to give this thing to me in and marked it with FRAGILE..Hilarious lol .....It was such a blast to open! SInce then. The wooden crate was put on wheels and is a moving work surface/storage device.

This isn't exclusively a comic room but it's also the studio I work in every day (nicknamed "The Cave"). It's a small space I've designed to make work for me. You'll see I'm a Star Wars collector as well as a comics nut but you'll find a bunch of other weird things in here too....

room4.jpg

quote] Nice cave! :applause:

I love those old Alien figures :cloud9:

room5.jpg

room6.jpg

Hey, I've got one of those rockets from Coolrockets.com !! Mine has the same smoke trail as that silver one but a different rocket. Very cool Corgi. And I've never seen a statue of that Samarai Jack episode with the bridge and the Scotsman. Thats the funniest episode ever !! Bravo !!