• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Darth aka Christian...first off, great room. Second, I used to see your work in Spectrum when I was getting my Fine Arts degree...great work man! Thanks for sharing the work space with us. Reminds me of Eastman & Laird's drawing of their studio!

(thumbs u Very cool! Thanks for all the comments gang.

I like those frames for the CGC comics you have on the wall. :headbang: Seeing a spinner rack makes me also want one! :cloud9:
My local Hannaford has a vintage spinner rack like the one posted above.

I used to work for a comicbook store. The owner had to cloase down one of his chain of stores a few years (like 15 lol) back..I helped in the move... I remember us throwing away some spinner racks, like the one pictured. Wish I would have grabbed one! :tonofbricks::cry:

Nice glass case, great ASM 129 and cool spinner rack! I have the same spinner rack that I picked up for free. It was rusty so I sanded it down and repainted it black. (Amateur restoration!) :o Where did you acquire the glass case?

Finally got my comic room setup to where it's picture-worthy. It's still a work in progress, but definitely getting close to complete now. My wife is the greatest for giving my "stuff" a room of its own

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice glass case, great ASM 129 and cool spinner rack! I have the same spinner rack that I picked up for free. It was rusty so I sanded it down and repainted it black. (Amateur restoration!) :o Where did you acquire the glass case?

I picked up the glass case at Value City Furniture a few years back...it's great for comic book/cgc display because the glass shelves have a rough groove cut into them at the backside of the glass where the bottom of the comics can safely rest in and not slip out, leaving them standing at a good angle for display, The frames are from Frame It Again Sam.

I love that spinner rack and very nice room too!

Cute dog... (thumbs u

etanick- starting out fresh with an empty room sounds like a lot of fun!

Darth Corgi- Great display of Star Wars!!!

[font:Comic Sans MS]Very nice room! I like the framing that you've done. :applause:

I actually just had my neighbor over and we were discussing making the "matting" for comic framing. RAW comics , not CGC'd (YET!).

I had picked up the matting pictured below at the Seattle Con a few years back and it wasn't cheap! No frame, just the matting. Apparently it's archival safe and it does appear to be of good quality. The comic is held in place almost like a CGC holder. A couple of plastic tabs keep it in place... I don't think we'd have to worry about SCS doh!UNLESS, you live in an earthquake zone!

I think it's a nice touch for books that I'd like to display on my wall in comic room. :cloud9: I am pretty sure others would agree. (shrug)

I am always looking at ways to make a side business for myself. I am a person with a disability (severe rheumatism/arthritis) and need to create work for myself as it is sometimes hard for me to do my regular job. I have actually been off work since July 8th when I was in an auto accident while on the job. I work (worked) in IT, doing deployments of workstations and servers for a few of our major banks. I was the lead tech and made decent money. However, I always found it pretty rough on my body and now after the accident, I don't know if I'll be able to return to the job. It really sucks! So I am desperately trying to keep from drowning here... anything I can do to make the payments is a bonus! :juggle:

So, while speaking with my artistically inclined neighbor, I thought that we may give the "matting business" a go! Do you think there's a market for them? If so, would it be best to sell as just the matting? Made to order (color scheme)? Create different color schemes and sell as is? Sell both matting and frame? Or sell the whole kit; frame, matting and a comic to match the colors? Just thought of another factor we can add! Underneath the comic, there can be a little "nameplate describing the comic and it's significance" (shrug) it is something that I think would be a good go... especially for people like ourselves, who like to display our goods!

I'd like to hear thoughts on it... There may be something similar out there. But from what I have seen, and I have seen a lot, they are only generic plain black frames for the most part.

Here's the one I have. I bought the Red/Blue and touch of white because I knew I had many different comics with that color scheme. I chose to put the Shazam! in it because there is some "sentimental story" behind the comic. Plus, I think the colors are bang on and look great!

[/font]

ComicMatting.jpg

Our man Ray (Crows), bought one or two himself. MAYBE he'll pony up a picture to see a different color/comic combo... c'mon Ray, show us what you've got!!!

[font:Arial Black]

Anyhow, would you buy something like this? If so, how would you prefer? With frame? Or just pick color scheme and provide own frame. Standard size would be 8.5x11. [/font]