• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

Spent last weekend rearanging the comicroom, before this it was mostly stacks all over the floor. Finally I'm able to enjoy a quiet hour in the "comicbunker" w/o feeling like I'm at some tsunami recovery site.

P1060760.jpg

P1060771.jpg

Love the wood shelves (thumbs u

Great looking room. Are those black cases Volstor boxes? I've got about 30 with my UXM collection in. They aren't widely used due to the cost but offer fantastic protection.

One thing I would say though is I wouldn't be too keen on those 3/4 height brown boxes. If the room gets any light for a prolongued period, you may end up sun-bleaching the top section of each of the front books. I learned the hard way when the front issue in each of my short boxes ended up with a handhold shaped bleached oval. Simple answer, ensure the front book is boarded and face it backwards in the box, therefore light will only bleach the board, not the book.

In any case - great room and a great looking collection

Thanks!

I'm not too worried about bleaching these, keep the room in complete darkness unless I'm in there, but just to make sure I placed some cheap books up front : )

I'm not femiliar with Volstor boxes, but I use something that might be similar, acid free albums intended for postcard storage, each page is a thick acid free plastic bag, and I stuff those with thick mylars for extra protection. Album slides neatly into a box. Excellent protection.

Sample pic

Edited by Andy J.

Now that is a great room. Neat, organized!!

Thanks!

I'm not too worried about bleaching these, keep the room in complete darkness unless I'm in there, but just to make sure I placed some cheap books up front : )

I'm not femiliar with Volstor boxes, but I use something that might be similar, acid free albums intended for postcard storage, each page is a thick acid free plastic bag, and I stuff those with thick mylars for extra protection. Album slides neatly into a box. Excellent protection.

Sample pic

I took a lesson from Chromium and started using magazine holders for all my books,and am in the process of getting titles such as "Amazing Spider-man" etc. made for the front of the Mag. holders.

IMG00386-20110402-2034.jpg

Sorry so blurry I used the wifes cell phone camera.

I took a lesson from Chromium and started using magazine holders for all my books,and am in the process of getting titles such as "Amazing Spider-man" etc. made for the front of the Mag. holders.

where can you get the magazine holders at a reasonable price?

[i

I got them at Office Depot,but they are 6 for 13.00 so I guess 2.00 a piece.

Ikea

I actually changed most of the labels as I didn't like the look of some of them...now every series has a black background (or at least dark)

here are some of the new labels I made :

86192.jpg

86193.jpg

86195.jpg

96676.jpg

96677.jpg

110975.jpg

110977.jpg

110978.jpg

110979.jpg

110980.jpg

My gun store is also my 'man cave'. It is adorned with toys and comic book goods everywhere...surprisingly, I get a ton of comments and weirdly enough, no one dares to call me a nerd...

007lz.jpg

014qg.jpg

Another shot of the grown up toys

:o

Nice gun display!!!