• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

...Part of my comic room

DUDE!!! :o

How many comic books do you have?

Very nice. :applause:

how many?...don't know ,I never counted them ..but I think its around 6000

How do you find a specific comic for which you are looking for? I do not see any labels or separators in order to refer to the specific title or series.

Very imressive, moreover you are from Europe and I know from my personal experience how difficult is to collect comics in this part of the world. So 6000 books is pretty good achievement :applause:

...Part of my comic room

DUDE!!! :o

How many comic books do you have?

Very nice. :applause:

how many?...don't know ,I never counted them ..but I think its around 6000

How do you find a specific comic for which you are looking for? I do not see any labels or separators in order to refer to the specific title or series.

Very imressive, moreover you are from Europe and I know from my personal experience how difficult is to collect comics in this part of the world. So 6000 books is pretty good achievement :applause:

Most of the time I just remember ...and also every shelf holds roughly 115-130 comics,so that seperates the collection in smaller chunks(a lot of series end at 75-100 issues so one serie fits on a shelf + specials,annuals and some spin-off mini series)

but sometimes yes...I do have to put on my Sherlock Holmes hat..for a few minutes to find a book...(yesterday I was looking for the Vertigo Sleepy Hollow movie adaptation ..couldn't find it in the Kelley Jones section it wasn't in the Movie adaptations section...but I found it in the Vertigo One-shots and mini series section.. :cool: )

Edited by CRASH

I gotta say, in my 5 or 6 years of being on the board, I've seen some pretty awesome collections displayed. HOWEVER, no offense, but I have come to the conclusion that the majority of comic book/merchandise collectors (or at least the ones showcasing their collection here) lack any sort or aesthetic sensibility. Just sayin' :D

Aesthetic sensibility? I don't know what that is but you can't call me that!!! Just kidding, I always just wanted a place to put out "my stuff" and be able to go through my books and chill. I actually enjoy looking at other people's aesthetic sensibility or lack thereof. lol Now back to our regular programming.................................

Amazing OA page! :applause:

Thanks this was my first page ever and by far the best I have to date. I would have more displayed but the frame I ordered from Bags Unlimited does not fit. It was not tall enough for Marvel moderns, I had to take a dremel to it for hours to cut grooves in the top and bottom of frame for art to slide into. And BA DC art, the frame is not wide enough.

Local hobby stores want anywhere from $150 - $250 to frame them for me, I am sure they would look much nicer double matted and al,l but I would rather buy more slabs or OA than pay that kind of money.

ARRRGH!

I have a real love/hate relationship with this thread.

Although all things considered, I'm pretty happy with my comic book & collectibles room ( it's actually our sun room, which is maybe about the size of a 1/2 bedroom ). And I stay that way for the most part until I see some of the awesome rooms here. Then I get envious. REALLY envious.

For instance, I was actually a bit proud of myself earlier today because I got a couple of nice packages in the mail that added up to 27 comics. Which in turn, after being boarded, bagged & logged in properly wound up filling my sixth short box.

Not too bad considering that I just began collecting again a year ago. Pretty much from scratch.

I used to have a helluva nice collection of 3000-3500 books years ago, but I sold it in 1980 not long after my 18th birthday. Something that I spent 30 long years regretting, so sitting here with 675 comics now is definitely cool.

But, I'll you, seeing a collection like ChunkyButt's makes me realize how much work I have ahead of me should I ever desire to leave behind even half as many comics as he has now when I kick off. lol

And I haven't even gotten around to getting my first slabbed book yet!