• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

I just threw up in my mouth A little :sick:

You and me both. :sick:

Monday at 6:00pm I opened the door of the basement to get something. Turned on the light and I see paperbacks floating.

water8.jpg

Nearly 4" of water covering the entire floor. My English Bulldog chewed the water hose in half in the dog lot. She then used the piece still attached to the water spicket as a tug of war; her against the house. She won. Broke the pvc pipe in the basement that is attached to the spicket.

Not sure when it happened, I was down in the basement on Friday night so sometime between then and Monday evening.

I have a racking system in the basement to keep the books off the floor. Well, when you buy as much as I do it overflows sometimes.

water9.jpg

It got some good books along with cheap books. Paperbacks, hardcovers, Golden Age, Silver age, Bronze to current.

Note what the lid says on the wet box on the shelf:

water7.jpg

Supplies; bags, boards, new boxes etc....

I've been going back and forth with home owners insurance agents and adjusters. Susan Cicconi from Restoration Labs is even involved.

Estimated retail loss is around 75k.

Fun uh?

I just threw up in my mouth A little :sick:

You and me both. :sick:

Monday at 6:00pm I opened the door of the basement to get something. Turned on the light and I see paperbacks floating.

water8.jpg

Nearly 4" of water covering the entire floor. My English Bulldog chewed the water hose in half in the dog lot. She then used the piece still attached to the water spicket as a tug of war; her against the house. She won. Broke the pvc pipe in the basement that is attached to the spicket.

Not sure when it happened, I was down in the basement on Friday night so sometime between then and Monday evening.

I have a racking system in the basement to keep the books off the floor. Well, when you buy as much as I do it overflows sometimes.

water9.jpg

It got some good books along with cheap books. Paperbacks, hardcovers, Golden Age, Silver age, Bronze to current.

Note what the lid says on the wet box on the shelf:

water7.jpg

Supplies; bags, boards, new boxes etc....

I've been going back and forth with home owners insurance agents and adjusters. Susan Cicconi from Restoration Labs is even involved.

Fun uh?

What a mess, so sorry to hear about it.

It looks like it's coming along nicely. (thumbs u

It appears to be an attic space, will you have a vent, or air conditioning of some type? My attic gets hotter than the devil's anus which is why I have always been nervous to store my books in there.........my attic, not the anus.

I thought I would post a few pictures of how my comic room looks right now
:sorry:

It looks like it's coming along nicely. (thumbs u

It appears to be an attic space, will you have a vent, or air conditioning of some type? My attic gets hotter than the devil's anus which is why I have always been nervous to store my books in there.........my attic, not the anus.

Thanks. Yes, the room is an attic conversion and will end up 16x12. I have 2 AC vents and the room is fully insulated. No concerns about temp

water9.jpg

smiley-sick016.gif

A couple of interesting notes so far.

Had two full boxes of Hardcover DC Archives and Marvel (whatever, can't remember what they are called).

The majority of the books were in regular poly bags. No books wet at all. 3 were still in their original shrink wrap, with two of those in poly bags. All 3 shrink wrapped books were wet.

Golden age books, lots of comics in Mylar 2. All were wet/soaked. Quiet a few of the lesser value books were in poly. Probably 85% were dry.

Interesting don't you think?

There are truly some beautiful and fun rooms in this tread. I've always enjoyed looking at it.

I thought I would post a few pictures of how my comic room looks right now :(

wetcomics.jpg

2011-10-03_20_04_38.jpg

wetcomics2.jpg

I'm so sorry to see this. Hopefully nothing of great(or sentimental)value was damaged.

Very cool! Love the bound volumes of Ghost Manor! :applause:

Who makes them?

Herring and Robinson in California. I have almost 70 books done and probably another 70 that I either have ready to send or am working on.

Some of the older books I have been getting them in VG, taking the covers off because most of them are bad anyway, taking out all of the adds I can and getting them bound into my own graphic novels. This is a good way to put those grade of books to good use. Here are a couple that I did -

100_0543.jpg

100_0544.jpg

100_0541.jpg

100_0542.jpg

This a good way for to be able to read the Tales of Suspense. Even reprinted the Sub-Mariner & Iron Man #1 and Iron Man #1. (Marvel Double Feature)

100_0539.jpg

100_0540.jpg

Love those!