• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I like combination of office look and man cave

This is indeed my working office in which I can spend 10+ hours a day/night. But whenever I need inspiration you can see that I just have to look to my left . . .

I'm in awe of this pic alone! ..

study4d060613.png

Which leads to the pièce de résistance of my collection -- this custom Mr. Fantastic:

cimg3518a400.jpg

cimg3528300.jpg

cimg3525300.jpg

cimg3532300.jpg

The sculptor literally broke the mold after making just ten of them!

My latest addition is more pedestrian but might be of interest to owners of the IDW artist editions:

ottoman4060213.png

I was having the darndest time finding a comfortable way to read these babies -- particularly the twice-up editions -- and now I just swing my chair over to this ottoman . . .

ottoman5060213.jpg

and the coolest part is that it can also store them:

ottoman6060213.png

Edited by randyf

new house, fiancée allowed me this tower of comics for my 'good' raws. I will rotate the comics on the display from time to time. Its in our entry way, which typically is unlit, and also why her umbrella is hanging there....

still trying to carve out a place for my slabs somewhere. maybe some shelves in the garage? Does anyone else put them in a garage? We live in a fairly dry moderate temperature climate. Will slabs do ok there?

IMG_07201_zpsdf6fe874.jpg

I know what you mean by "allowed." Had to make a deal with the wife, When we get a house with 4 rooms or 3 and a nice basement I get to have my Man Cave. As of right now I'm just waiting.... :popcorn:

I have not done any major revamps to my home office yet. What has happened at home is that I am out of display space. So now some of my lesser valued stuff is starting to migrate to the office even though I am only there 1/5 days a week (telecommuter). I will probably re-do my home office once the new TWD action figures come out this summer.

That window is to my server room, we just did our office move last month and I manage the IT dept so I get the mega nerd window seat.

IMG_3299_zpsdc278410.jpeg

I have not done any major revamps to my home office yet. What has happened at home is that I am out of display space. So now some of my lesser valued stuff is starting to migrate to the office even though I am only there 1/5 days a week (telecommuter). I will probably re-do my home office once the new TWD action figures come out this summer.

That window is to my server room, we just did our office move last month and I manage the IT dept so I get the mega nerd window seat.

IMG_3299_zpsdc278410.jpeg

Wow, that's a lot of CPU cycles at your finger tips just to play solitaire. :grin:

Long-time lurker here, but a recent redo of my study finally gives me an opportunity to share some pics. With only have 6 long boxes hidden in the closet, my collection takes the form of hardcovers and statues. Here's a 360:

study1a060613.png

study2b060613.png

study3b060613.png

study4d060613.png

study5c060613.png

study6c060613.png

This is just half of my collection -- books and statues -- but this is the epicenter.

Next, going to frame and try to find a way to display my two sided Superman Cleveland Expo poster.

Badlands, you'll recognize the two-sided Superman poster in the last shots. I had it laminated on both sides, slipped it into hardware used to hang banners, and then attached it to the ceiling with a swivel hook so that it can be turned around. Here's a closer look at the hardware, and PM me if you'd like further details.

fqrz.png

Pretty amazing set up. Thank you for finally coming out of the shadows to share this with us!

new house, fiancée allowed me this tower of comics for my 'good' raws. I will rotate the comics on the display from time to time. Its in our entry way, which typically is unlit, and also why her umbrella is hanging there....

still trying to carve out a place for my slabs somewhere. maybe some shelves in the garage? Does anyone else put them in a garage? We live in a fairly dry moderate temperature climate. Will slabs do ok there?

I know what you mean by "allowed." Had to make a deal with the wife, When we get a house with 4 rooms or 3 and a nice basement I get to have my Man Cave. As of right now I'm just waiting.... :popcorn:

Yeah, but you can NOT let her put the umbrella there. Either that or move the comics. You are asking for big trouble.

Yeah, but you can NOT let her put the umbrella there. Either that or move the comics. You are asking for big trouble.

Haha the umbrella is gone. It was literally there just overnight one night because we were moving and I set up my comics before we finished setting everything else in its place