• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

I don't have a comic room per se, but I do have a built-in area my wife calls Nerdvana.

photo_zpsc66540ea.jpg

First, this is awesome -- so let's just get that out of the way.

That said, I do have a question about storing slabs the way you have yours along the top? Do you go spine up? Spine down? Do you worry about stress on the book, or micro chamber paper slipping?

Edited by GoldenPRGuy

I don't have a comic room per se, but I do have a built-in area my wife calls Nerdvana.

photo_zpsc66540ea.jpg

First, this is awesome -- so let's just get that out of the way.

That said, I do have a question about storing slabs the way you have yours along the top? Do you go spine up? Spine down? Do you worry about stress on the book, or micro chamber paper slipping?

Not my preference to store my slabs that way (I have relatively few, and store them flat which I prefer) but if I did, definitely spine down is the way to go, hopefully resting on the inner well support. To do otherwise means gravity will be working on your heavy interior pages, to try and rip them from the cover at the staples. And if the book is somewhat fragile to begin with...

Does this count? My daughters comic and anime inspired room...it has comics in it but not nearly kept in the same condition as most of us.

Front wall

71961_653735497083_1657422_n.jpg

Back Wall

72212_653735427223_6441967_n.jpg

A little old but when I get back and take a few photos more she has a comic and figure shelf as well on one of the sides.

Does this count? My daughters comic and anime inspired room...it has comics in it but not nearly kept in the same condition as most of us.

Front wall

71961_653735497083_1657422_n.jpg

Back Wall

72212_653735427223_6441967_n.jpg

A little old but when I get back and take a few photos more she has a comic and figure shelf as well on one of the sides.

AWESOME! (worship)

AWESOME! (worship)

I appreciate it. Took me awhile to do the two main figures with acrylics but the back was simple outlining since we chose to paint her room Yellow like that. Just trying to do what I can for her.

Finished a corner of my comic room. 3 framed OA prices and 10 mill case comics displays all of which can (and will) be rotated out on a semi regular basis. Plus my JG Jones posters Flash & Green Lantern.

image_zpsd54001b5.jpg

Nice space (thumbs u

I am missing that IF variant :cry:

The moment has finally arrived. My batman project is complete, for now. I really hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks to the boardies who helped me along the way. Oh yeah, theres a little marvel wall also that I'm wrapping up shortly with a hulk 181. Feel free to ask any questions ladies and gents.

IMAG0133_zps78e22ff0.jpg

IMAG0131_zpsa18038bd.jpg

IMAG0128_zpsac80b41e.jpg

The moment has finally arrived. My batman project is complete, for now. I really hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks to the boardies who helped me along the way. Oh yeah, theres a little marvel wall also that I'm wrapping up shortly with a hulk 181. Feel free to ask any questions ladies and gents.

IMAG0133_zps78e22ff0.jpg

IMAG0131_zpsa18038bd.jpg

IMAG0128_zpsac80b41e.jpg

Very nice display :applause:

I really like how well you've represented Batman throughout the different eras with your display. Very nice!

Would you care to provide anymore info about hat Bane signed print? That's a very cool piece.