• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

I really like how well you've represented Batman throughout the different eras with your display. Very nice!

Would you care to provide anymore info about hat Bane signed print? That's a very cool piece.

Absolutely. It's a print I bought from Chuck Dixon that he signed for me at Megacon. Really nice guy and I had an awesome conversation with him about bane. Thanks for your comment. I really tried to capture as much as I could of the rogue gallery while focusing on first appearances and key issues. I also left a couple spots open above the prints for some add ons later.

Edited by pelayo31

The time has come for me to rotate the comics on display again. This time the theme is modern covers I love.

Yes I know there's nothing too crazy in there, but sometimes its not about keys or value, its just about what looks hot.

IMG_08901_zps41d90387.jpg

The time has come for me to rotate the comics on display again. This time the theme is modern covers I love.

Yes I know there's nothing too crazy in there, but sometimes its not about keys or value, its just about what looks hot.

Just like a nudist camp, you display what you want to display. :banana:

Just like a nudist camp, you display what you want to display. :banana:

:applause:

Wait to go Mike with the beautiful display :applause: I love how the books are displayed. Very neatly organized.

Thanks Brian! Yeah that took me a few hours to mount. It was a lot of work to put this project together. Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Found this cool looking cabinet thing with 15 long, flat drawers sitting outside an antique store with a tag on it that said "for paper collectibles?". It looked to have been a former tool/hardware chest based on some of the junk I found in it, and was in rather rough shape. Here's initial state:

DSC01593.jpg

Here's the repurposed finished product...a new paint job and added drawer handles on each drawer with sliders underneath. Lined the drawers with black felt, and filled them with some paper collectibles!

DSC01602.jpg

Found this cool looking cabinet thing with 15 long, flat drawers sitting outside an antique store with a tag on it that said "for paper collectibles?". It looked to have been a former tool/hardware chest based on some of the junk I found in it, and was in rather rough shape. Here's initial state:

DSC01593.jpg

Here's the repurposed finished product...a new paint job and added drawer handles on each drawer with sliders underneath. Lined the drawers with black felt, and filled them with some paper collectibles!

DSC01602.jpg

That combines to perfection two of my favorite things - comics and antiques! WELL DONE SIR! :applause:

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

Great work! :applause:

Hmm tough call. I personally love Batman 11.. I think it's one of the better Batman covers.. Also detective 69 the classic double gun Black Joker cover. A classic Robinson cover. But hey, it's really all up to you.

Brian

Both awesome suggestions! Sweet covers...I'm looking to add two more single framed slabs to finish the batman wall. Any suggestions from my fellow batman fans/collectors?

Hmm tough call. I personally love Batman 11.. I think it's one of the better Batman covers.. Also detective 69 the classic double gun Black Joker cover. A classic Robinson cover. But hey, it's really all up to you.

Brian

Both awesome suggestions! Sweet covers...I'm looking to add two more single framed slabs to finish the batman wall. Any suggestions from my fellow batman fans/collectors?

Dark Knight Returns and maybe either Batman 11 or TEC 58 or 66.

Brian

Looking at your awesome wall...I think a golden age Joker and Catwoman cover would look great. Agreed on the Batman 11 as the ultimate Joker cover...Batman 49 would work too. For Catwoman, I might go for Batman 65.

Brian

What frames are you using?

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

That's very cool.