• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,320 posts in this topic

For those guys that have converted their garage into a comic room. Do you guys fear that your comics would get damaged?

I have a garage that I converted into a man cave, it is insulated, but it gets pretty cold at night. By cold I mean around 50 degrees max ? I live in Los Angeles, so that's cold for me. lol

The room is not climate controlled, is it safe to keep my long boxes in there? Or should I move them back inside?

hmmm

For those guys that have converted their garage into a comic room. Do you guys fear that your comics would get damaged?

I have a garage that I converted into a man cave, it is insulated, but it gets pretty cold at night. By cold I mean around 50 degrees max ? I live in Los Angeles, so that's cold for me. lol

The room is not climate controlled, is it safe to keep my long boxes in there? Or should I move them back inside?

hmmm

As has been stated before the cold isn't too bad for them. But fluctuating temperature can kill them.

hmmm

As has been stated before the cold isn't too bad for them. But fluctuating temperature can kill them.

I'd be more worried about moisture in the garage.

hmmm

california is hella dry

I'm going to convert my garage this year into comic storage. The garage is attached to the house on two sides but I am going to insulate the walls. Temperatures up here can get down to 30 but I'm not too concerned about the cold. Keeping moisture out is more important I think.

hmmm

california is hella dry

It sure is. I almost feel bad that everyone is freezing on the east coast and I've been wearing shorts the last few days. lol

hmmm

california is hella dry

It sure is. I almost feel bad that everyone is freezing on the east coast and I've been wearing shorts the last few days. lol

think it made it down to 8 last night here in NC

I'm going to convert my garage this year into comic storage. The garage is attached to the house on two sides but I am going to insulate the walls. Temperatures up here can get down to 30 but I'm not too concerned about the cold. Keeping moisture out is more important I think.

I converted my garage into my Man Cave. Put up a false wall to block to door (so it looks like a garage from the outside) and a false floor - it works rather well (thumbs u

Edited by Waylander

I converted my garage into my Man Cave. Put up a false wall to block to door (so it looks like a garage from the outside) and a false floor - it works rather well (thumbs u

Nice. Have you posted any pics up yet?

yeah, picture or it didn't happen. lol

Just what I intend doing Brian. What was the thinking behind a false floor and how did you do it?

Thanks to MkKiller for guiding me to the right place to get this!! An autographed silk screen poster signed by Robert Englund.

(I asked him to add the phrase "One,two, Freddy's coming for you!") can't wait to frame it and hang it up!

083dbe111c121d6f4d97914d83c7f5e2_zps06209c88.jpg

:applause:

Serigraph, too boot!

+1

Be interested in seeing the progress!

Thanks to MkKiller for guiding me to the right place to get this!! An autographed silk screen poster signed by Robert Englund.

(I asked him to add the phrase "One,two, Freddy's coming for you!") can't wait to frame it and hang it up!

Serigraph, too boot!

Wow, that is so awesome. I am really jealous! congrats :)

Serigraph, too boot!

Wow, that is so awesome. I am really jealous! congrats :)

would be great to have that