• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,321 posts in this topic

Thank you all for the kind words. I love sharing these pics, and appreciate you checking them out.

Some more models. The Vantom is a sealed original issue, The PBY is sealed and is a model I had when I was young. The Garbage Truck and Beer Wagon are both Daniel's kits and are from 1968 and 1967 respectively.

IMG_1394_zps9d25b9fb.jpg

Marvel's Famous Covers, Avengers group.

IMG_1395_zps6ffb008a.jpg

Soakies, Casper, Rocky, Bullwinkle, Alvin variant, Snow White.

IMG_1397_zps2ccfded3.jpg

The complete 1982 series of 8, and 1983 series of 6 Hardee's Smurf glasses.

IMG_1398_zpsb748144d.jpg

Hardbacks

IMG_1400_zps5c4ac7c3.jpg

Marvel's Famous Cover, various heroes.

IMG_1401_zps3bf5d3ab.jpg

Various books. The Vampire Lestat is a first edition. The Bastian Cursed Pirate Girl is signed with a small interior sketch, the Al Williamson book beside the Hidden Lands books is signed by Al.

IMG_1402_zpsd9393f57.jpg

IMG_1403_zps2e840d61.jpg

1972 sealed Hunchback and 1972 sealed Witch kits. MIB 1969 Rommel's Rod, and sealed 1969 Rommel's Rod. 1965 sealed George Washington, MIB 1964 Batman.

I have about 5 more kits that I need to work into the display, a sealed Monster Scenes Vampirella, a 1969 MIB Frankenstein and others.

IMG_1407_zps74b30f8f.jpg

Thank everyone. It is most appreciated. Here are some more photos.

The lamb is a vintage toy from the 50's that we bought for our first daughter before she was born. The Fat Albert lunchbox is mine from the First Grade. The Sherlock/Watson card is vintage. The stone is from the River Avoca at the Meeting of the Waters in County Wicklow, Ireland. The river was made famous by Thomas Moore. The bottle is a Cheerwine soft drink bottle from the 40's. I used to work for Cheerwine when I lived in NC. The rabbit is another vintage 50's toy that was bought at the same time as the lamb. The box that it is sitting on is a Cuban cigar box that I picked up in Jamaica. The little speck is a cut out art spider that my youngest drew in order to scare her old man. I loved it. :)

My name shot glass, MIB Rolls Royce Matchbox car. Had one just like it when I was little.

IMG_1410_zps15182460.jpg

MIB Dark Shadows game in the back, Avon Charlie Brown baseball Soaky, still filled and MIB. A little art glass bear my wife bought for me, glass decanter, I believe from a pharmacy, that belonged to my grandfather, Andy Panda 8mm cartoon MIB, my original Mattel Football 2 that I had as a kid...and still play with.

IMG_1411_zps0e55548c.jpg

Original 60's Ben Cooper Secret Squirrel Halloween costume MIB, Meadow Morn Elf, still sealed, that I bought for my wife. She had one when she was a girl. Atom Ant Soaky, the foul ball that I caught at a Cincinnati Reds/San Fran Giants game back in 93. Darren Lewis of the Giants hit it. It is sitting on a towel that I had signed by former Longhorn and Olympian Cat Osterman back when I lived in Austin.

IMG_1412_zps53e23dad.jpg

Various Looney Tunes glasses from the 70's, an old Lance cracker container that belonged to my Grandfather, my portfolio of "stuff", such as a signed photo of Reds HOF'er Tony Perez, a signed photo of Doug Jones in his Pale Man garb, and my letter from President Bill Clinton, who I met twice back in the day. Also, my Al Williamson sketch. Loved Al.

IMG_1415_zpsb63e2d16.jpg

Close up of Al's sketch. It is Flash Gordon, fighing a Martian giant, complete with scantily clad female and sleek rocket ship.

IMG_1414_zps1937b685.jpg

Books in the bottom. My wife picked up the "Our Call To Arms" for me when she did the Honolulu Marathon back on 2002. She bought it at the Arizona Memorial and it is signed by two Pearl Harbor combatants/survivors. The cookie jar is vintage and was in my house growing up.

IMG_1416_zpsfca8010a.jpg

More books. I am a pop culture junkie. The books in the magazine bags are the 12 EC Classics from the late 80's. A few of these are signed by Al. The two books between the Munsters and Far Side book are Volume 1 and 2 of Korgi, by our own Christian Slade. They are signed and sketched inside. Christian is a friend who has been to my home and I am proud to have them.

IMG_1417_zps5103a2f9.jpg