• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

I posted my room about a year ago right after we moved into our first house. It's a year later and a year better...still need to get some stuff on those spartan-looking walls in the pool room. Crappy phone camera makes the lighting look weird too. Anyways, let me know what you guys think!

OrDVytL.jpg

nclMFHU.jpg

4BTb4tV.jpg

S6g5Q2d.jpg

tehRtL6.jpg

8Fb33Vw.jpg

L0bNvQI.jpg

upIsNnU.jpg

C7CsNoz.jpg

m9MjozT.jpg

V4kl6jG.jpg

oD2iDYc.jpg

5IO5cae.jpg

DLYYQht.jpg

Sweet Man-cave (worship)

but having Alan Pardew on the TV is a bit much :taptaptap:

Been doing an office remodel and it's finally mostly done. I always wanted one of these (and it only took like 3 months!):

92EC6AC5-1B12-4447-B6E1-4694612B3A92_zps5jckdw0n.jpg

Good stuff :applause:

All it needs now is a remote unlocking mechanism incorporated into a flip-top William Shakespeare bust!

Actually, the open switch is buried in Batman - you tilt him forward and the door unlocks (I had your exact thought originally and it slowly transformed in my head) :)

Each shelf also has a 1/8" lip on it to prevent the comics from falling/moving when I open the door.

Edited by Thawk

Been doing an office remodel and it's finally mostly done. I always wanted one of these (and it only took like 3 months!):

All it needs now is a remote unlocking mechanism incorporated into a flip-top William Shakespeare bust!

Actually, the open switch is buried in Batman - you tilt him forward and the door unlocks (I had your exact thought originally and it slowly transformed in my head) :)

Each shelf also has a 1/8" lip on it to prevent the comics from falling/moving when I open the door.

Very cool :applause:

I absolutely LOVE this thread.

I've been working on my room for a while & between myself & my 2 roomies & the girlfriend, we've maybe sorta let the whole house get decorated with nerd stuff. I'm actually contemplating remodeling our "ugly room" in the house just to get more wall space because we're running out of it.

I'll post pics soon.

Edited by Doktor

:applause: Great Minds and all that.

(:gossip: but now everyone knows how to open it :ohnoez: )

I absolutely LOVE this thread.

I've been working on my room for a while & between myself & my 2 roomies & the girlfriend, we've maybe sorta let the whole house get decorated with nerd stuff. I'm actually contemplating remodeling our "ugly room" in the house just to get more wall space because we're running out of it.

I'll post pics soon.

:popcorn:

Looks like this could be a good starting point for finding some info: http://www.volstor.com/

The site looks a bit outdate, but the retailer page has some contact info that's worth trying.

BCW has a similar product: http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/comic-supplies/comic-accessory/comic-book-stor-folio-1-5-inch

These are great for travel. I own a few of these to carry books around when I go to cons.

Thanks

I need some better/newer pictures but we've kinda covered about 2/3 of the house in comic-themed decorations.

But here's pretty much everything. We have 1 room that is our designated nerd room & the rest are hallways & staircase walls & whatnot.

Landing & staircase outside the nerd room:

IMG_0203_zpsa5017a45.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsdf2c4202.jpg

IMG_0205_zps727e1118.jpg

Our nerd room...

IMG_0197_zps30bb809f.jpg

IMG_0788_zpseea7daae.jpg

IMG_0195_zps7e602973.jpg

IMG_0206_zpsfbfb6cce.jpg

4_zps87af08d9.jpg

And the basement:

IMG_0209_zps43980a27.jpg

IMG_0210_zps07961236.jpg

And a dresser that my girlfriend wanted me to re-finish for her. She's a huge batman junkie, so she wanted a batman themed dresser. So I did this for the bedroom:

IMG_0745_zpsd07e1c8e.jpg

IMG_0818_zpsf0fc8a4e.jpg

I plan to re-do the room in the next few weeks. Moving furniture in the nerd room & painting as soon as the weather breaks. Because I think I need to add another filing cabinet & I'm going to be out of space if I put it next to the existing 3. So we'll be re-arraging it.

It's great to have 2 roomies & a girlfriend that all love comics. There's more stuff in the living room & front entry hall that I don't have pics of yet, but it's getting there. Slowly

Yes. I found a seller on e-bay that was selling them in a large enough size.

I initially was going to paint it on, but finding/getting printed a stencil big enough to do it was near impossible (since Kinkos won't print anything with a copyright on it anymore & the batman logo is obviously copyrighted). I had even painted the top yellow already in anticipation of laying the stencil & spraying black over/around it. Obviously, that didn't happen & I went for a sticker instead after stripping off most of the yellow paint.

It was a die-cut vinyl sticker that you peal the one side off of, lay it down, and then peal the other side off to leave the section that you want. I painted the whole dresser black and then laid the vinyl over it after everything was dry.

I need some better/newer pictures but we've kinda covered about 2/3 of the house in comic-themed decorations.

But here's pretty much everything. We have 1 room that is our designated nerd room & the rest are hallways & staircase walls & whatnot.

Landing & staircase outside the nerd room:

IMG_0203_zpsa5017a45.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsdf2c4202.jpg

IMG_0205_zps727e1118.jpg

Our nerd room...

IMG_0197_zps30bb809f.jpg

IMG_0788_zpseea7daae.jpg

IMG_0195_zps7e602973.jpg

IMG_0206_zpsfbfb6cce.jpg

4_zps87af08d9.jpg

And the basement:

IMG_0209_zps43980a27.jpg

IMG_0210_zps07961236.jpg

And a dresser that my girlfriend wanted me to re-finish for her. She's a huge batman junkie, so she wanted a batman themed dresser. So I did this for the bedroom:

IMG_0745_zpsd07e1c8e.jpg

IMG_0818_zpsf0fc8a4e.jpg

I plan to re-do the room in the next few weeks. Moving furniture in the nerd room & painting as soon as the weather breaks. Because I think I need to add another filing cabinet & I'm going to be out of space if I put it next to the existing 3. So we'll be re-arraging it.

It's great to have 2 roomies & a girlfriend that all love comics. There's more stuff in the living room & front entry hall that I don't have pics of yet, but it's getting there. Slowly

Sweet spaces :applause:

Yes. I found a seller on e-bay that was selling them in a large enough size.

I initially was going to paint it on, but finding/getting printed a stencil big enough to do it was near impossible (since Kinkos won't print anything with a copyright on it anymore & the batman logo is obviously copyrighted). I had even painted the top yellow already in anticipation of laying the stencil & spraying black over/around it. Obviously, that didn't happen & I went for a sticker instead after stripping off most of the yellow paint.

It was a die-cut vinyl sticker that you peal the one side off of, lay it down, and then peal the other side off to leave the section that you want. I painted the whole dresser black and then laid the vinyl over it after everything was dry.

That turned out very nice! :cool:

Sweet spaces :applause:

Thank you, sir! It's an early stage of the project. We are planning to re-paint the room. I found a great color mix that'll work amazing for the walls/ceiling/built-in storage.

I hope to have it to a presentable level by the spring.

That turned out very nice! :cool:

Thank you! I put in WAY too much time on it. It would have been cheaper (between labor, paint, primer, new knobs, etc) to just buy a new one, but she wanted to keep this one & I figured we could do something awesome with it. I didn't realize before stripping it that it was just cheap MDF, so I had to re-seal the now-stripped raw edges. But it was worth it. It's a cool original piece that I've never seen anyone else do before, so...

It was a birthday gift from my one roomie. I think she got it from ThinkGeek. I found them there either way... They have other lights other than Hulk too. Thor hammer, spider hand. Cap shield. Etc.

Lights

Edited by Doktor