• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Superworld2GA.jpg

B - Thanks for this one. You don't see it too often and Wow what a cover. I can tell you are all about the Sci-Fi books.

That's the book with Spurt Hammond!The Planet! The one I'm looking up at.

Watch out for the keyboard!

Feh. Highest grade copy of Golden Age keys I've ever seen. Feh. Now if he had a Spawn 1, that would be saying something.

wow. 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Feh. Highest grade copy of Golden Age keys I've ever seen. Feh. Now if he had a Spawn 1, that would be saying something.

Another truly "wow" part to me is that he never paid more than $55 for any of his books. foreheadslap.gif

Another truly "wow" part to me is that he never paid more than $55 for any of his books. foreheadslap.gif

Even more so, is the 1000 comic collection we have been mesmorized by was purchased @ 7.50 per book. Which is even more wow! Oh, how much did you spend on a VF or better AA 16......$7.50, Adventure 40....$7.50, Amazing! And once again Bang thank you for sharing!

Superworld2GA.jpg

B - Thanks for this one. You don't see it too often and Wow what a cover. I can tell you are all about the Sci-Fi books.

I , too, am loving the sci fi covers from 1940. Great to see the SUPERWORLD. That title is one of my favorites from the Golden Age...

Astounding collection, BZ.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Superworld2GA.jpg

Bang,

my hats off to you....thanks for posting this very important book. The Superhero craze ( not that there's anything wrong with that ) has really taken collectors attention away from Scarce and wonderful books like this and the other 2 issues of Superworld.

Hugo Gernsback was a sci-fi genious, as was Frank R. Paul as a sci-fi artist. Together they created one of the greatest trilogies you could possibly find ( or not find if you have ever for looked these 3 books as I have )..Superworld #1, #2 and #3. Oversized and extremely condition sensitive, these classics are grossly undervalued and under-appreciated. Planet #1 gets the GA sci-fi glory and big bucks, but Superworld should be right up there on the same shelf IMO. I have owned several #1's over the years, and each and everytime one was in my hands I knew I was holding something special. As far as spectacular and beautiful cover art goes, it doesn't get any better then this.

Perhaps one day this book will receive the respect and demand from collectors it deserves. If you happen to own issues #1 and #3 also, we would appreciate you posting them as well....thanks for granting all of our special requests. You are a great asset to The Boards.

Steve

Bang,

I'm not a condition freak, but these books make me want to be. The conditions are superb for 60 plus years books.

You should curate the Mona Lisa.

Good work, BZ.

It's like sliding up to a great dealer's table, and getting to REALLY inspect the books.

Looks good at six feet, knocks my socks off at eighteen inches.

"Wadda ya mean, it's not for sale?"

Glad you are back on the scanner.

Five minutes of your time will give us hours of pleasure.

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination

insane.gif

Edited by Koko