• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Well, to be fair, you've posted a fair number of Four Colors - especially in the Walt Kelly vein - but not a lot of Barks stuff! The first four Barks four colors are the four I'm missing to the complete the run (naturally, the four that cost more than the other 20-odd issues combined!)...I'd love to see any or all of those four!

And if you have a nice copy of the Cheerios giveaway with the atom bomb story, that'd be cool too...!

But no pressure - whatever you wanna put up next, I'll be there, drool bucket at the ready...

We have no robots here, but I do have a pair of original Satellite Jumping Shoes. They give me a clear advantage when when I'm racing about at flea markets.

SatelliteShoes2GA.jpg

SatelliteShoes1GA.jpg

27_laughing.gif I've seen these before and figured they went the way of Lawn Jarts* - more dangerous than fun!

Make sure you read the Warning!

Good grief, did I leave the door unlocked again?

Turn around and pretend you didn't see anything!

NO! DON'T LOOK BACK!

Apparently it's impossible to have any privacy here.

Maybe I should get a deadbolt...

I dunno. sigh.gif

Classic group shot, again!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Though I might have featured the Hal Foster more prominently the Jack Davis splash from TOS 38.

BZ...Please show the Krazy Kat! Back when I was working at Camelot ('78 to '80) there were two Herriman Sundays for sale. I can still picture them. What a fool I was for never considering buying them. They were a bunch of dough at the time. But those images stick with me to this day. He really was way ahead of his time. Shoot, he far surpasses anything being published today. His only equal was Windsor McKay...no Rarebit Fiend originals,huh?

Well, BZ it should be said...Wow! I've used that term more than a few times in reference to the wonderfull things you show, mainly because I become speechless. Great group shot of OA! Litterally priceless on many levels. You have amassed an amazing collection of books, art and fanfare, thank you once again for sharing.

Paul

From the comic Uncle Scrooge and Money (oneshot). Donald is short funds and owes Uncle Scrooge (US) 10 cent so HDL find 2 old dimes in a scrap book, one Donald brings to Scrooge and the other HDL sell for $5 to a coin shop. Donald freaks and takes $1 to buy his dime back from US and then starts buying 5 x 5 x 5 etc dimes from US when US says he has bags of them. As Donald is thinking about limitless profit, US gets wise to Donalds scheme and gives Donald a 10,000 coin bag of the "rare" coins. The look of horror on the coin store owners face is priceless as he tells Donald to bury the bag rather than swamp the market.

The story has a great twist in the end which I won't spoil. The history of money portion and the interior covers of this book along with the coin stroy really make it something special.

As US discovers the scheme I dont have the exact quote but he says something to the effect of "Hrrmph, Pish posh to the rare coin dealers, I'm the one who makes theses coins rare."

Ed

BZ's collection is starting to remind me of a line from an uncle scrooge story, loosely: the only reason these things are rare is because BZ has them all!

(the money pit by Rosa - btw, BZ, have you read the Rosa duck stories? I think you'd enjoy them)

From the comic Uncle Scrooge and Money (oneshot). Donald is short funds and owes Uncle Scrooge (US) 10 cent so HDL find 2 old dimes in a scrap book, one Donald brings to Scrooge and the other HDL sell for $5 to a coin shop. Donald freaks and takes $1 to buy his dime back from US and then starts buying 5 x 5 x 5 etc dimes from US when US says he has bags of them. As Donald is thinking about limitless profit, US gets wise to Donalds scheme and gives Donald a 10,000 coin bag of the "rare" coins. The look of horror on the coin store owners face is priceless as he tells Donald to bury the bag rather than swamp the market.

The story has a great twist in the end which I won't spoil. The history of money portion and the interior covers of this book along with the coin stroy really make it something special.

As US discovers the scheme I dont have the exact quote but he says something to the effect of "Hrrmph, Pish posh to the rare coin dealers, I'm the one who makes theses coins rare."

Ed

Thanks, Ed. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's actually from WDCS #130.

us_wdc_130_02_001.jpg

And there is a similar story in WDCS #50 where Donald accidentally gives a rare coin to HDL and has to get it back.

And if you're wondering why I know about these stories, it's because I'm a former coin collector and I find it neat that both hobbies intersect with Uncle Scrooge comics. smile.gif

I agree, I'd love to see Krazy Kat close-ups. The Li'l Abners are also gorgeous. Were those done by Capp himself, or do you know which "assistant"?

Got any Walt Kelly originals?

Thanks!

Jack

BZ...Please show the Krazy Kat! Back when I was working at Camelot ('78 to '80) there were two Herriman Sundays for sale. I can still picture them. What a fool I was for never considering buying them. They were a bunch of dough at the time. But those images stick with me to this day. He really was way ahead of his time. Shoot, he far surpasses anything being published today. His only equal was Windsor McKay...no Rarebit Fiend originals,huh?

yo BZ

Didn't i see a Polly & Her Pals by Cliff Sterrett Sunday at yer house as one comes down the stairs into the sancto-sanctorum ?

If that be the case, can we trouble you to post it here?

Polly be my favorite newspaper comic strip

with a couple hundred others a close second

BZ... a little OT here, but since you collect movie posters would you happen to have a "Hell's Angels"(1930) sheet... or anything Audrey 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No Hell's Angels.

I probably have some Audrey Hepburn. I'll check.

I have lots of Herriman. I'll pick a couple of nice ones to show off.