• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Don Winslow of the Navy (April 1937)

Flash Gordon Strange Adventure Magazine (December 1936)

Tailspin Tommy Adventure Magazine (October 1936)

comicpulps.jpg

Cool! I've been waiting to see your Flash Gordon pulp! :applause: That one is definately on my want list. Interesting thing about that issue is that the publisher apparently did not have authorization from King Features to use theeir characters - it's basically a bootleg.

I love it! This is one of the issues we reviewed in the Dead Artists thread. We should start that up again sometime - I enjoyed it.

hm Let me see what I can upload ... once I figure how to log on again ...

Don Winslow of the Navy (April 1937)

Flash Gordon Strange Adventure Magazine (December 1936)

Tailspin Tommy Adventure Magazine (October 1936)

comicpulps.jpg

Cool! I've been waiting to see your Flash Gordon pulp! :applause: That one is definately on my want list. Interesting thing about that issue is that the publisher apparently did not have authorization from King Features to use theeir characters - it's basically a bootleg.

I think the publisher was Donenfeld - and i forget right now why that is in my brain

I recently sold my HG Tailspin Tommy pulp - and the FG and TT are by the same publisher, if i am remembering correctly

comicpulps.jpg

I think the publisher was Donenfeld - and i forget right now why that is in my brain

I recently sold my HG Tailspin Tommy pulp - and the FG and TT are by the same publisher, if i am remembering correctly

They're both published by C.J.H. Publications.

Is that Donenfield?

i remember there being adverts inside for each other - plus there was a Dan Dunn Secret Op 48 pulp as well - and this is inter-connected in some way, as i used to have taht one as well

Donenfeld figures into this on some level - and my (not handy) notes reflect the concept,

comicpulps.jpg

Interesting thing about that issue is that the publisher apparently did not have authorization from King Features to use their characters - it's basically a bootleg.

Is that true?

Copyright information at the bottom of the contents page states, "Copyright 1936 by King Features Syndicate."

We received a call on our request line last night from RyanH, asking for more

"Skyrocket Steele" images.

We always like to bring a little happiness to our viewers so this is going out to all Bill Everett fans.

Zoom Headquarters

WBZsepia10.jpg

Amazing Mystery Funnies V2 # 4 (April 1939)

amfv2n4.jpg

Amazing Mystery Funnies V 2 # 6 (June 1939)

amfv2n6.jpg

HOLY FRIG!!! Thats is too awesome BZ! Complete with the HQ photo!! lol (thumbs u

I love it.

That issue just went to the top of my list! Its so awesome. What an amazing splash!

(if interested, I just posted my copy of AMF 2/3 in the Cenatur thread!)

BZ... (worship)

i think there was authorization - it simply did not sell, hence, no more issues beyond #1

Tailspin Tommy on the other hand had a #2

I thought I had read that someplace, but maybe I was mistaken. Anyway I think it was Harold Hersey that published it.