• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

How about this...?

Starting in 1929 Gernback published a series of booklets distributed by mail order at 10c each or 6 for 50c.

They were issued in three groups of six.

The first set was advertised in the November 1929 issue of Wonder Stories, the next set in the January 1930 issue and the last set in the June 1932 issue.

sfseries.jpg

ah-HA!!! I KNEW you would have those! lol

Thats exactly what I had in mind ... you passed with flying colors!! I have seen a few of those before, but haven't got around to picking them up. Nicely done once again, BZ!! No material seems too tough for you!

Um ... just WHERE does your collection end??

BZ, I don't have any original Paul COVERS, but I'm always glad to show off the only original I do own of Paul's (from Famous Fantastic Mysteries, 1941).

pauldetailPOST.jpg

paulartPOST.jpg

I'm jealous.

I'd love to own any Paul but one with a gorilla would be extra sweet.

King Kong is my all-time favorite movie so anything with a gorilla is awarded extra bonus points in my opinion. :cloud9:

captainmarvel_19.jpg

One of the best superhero Christmas covers. Santa Claus could actually exist in Capt Marvel's universe, alongside talking tigers and villainous worms. Not too bad a fit in Superman's 1942 universe (binarysunrise's delightful daily strip posting), but from Bronze Age on there's not much room for him at DC.

Jack