• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ - do you have an Amazing Man 26?

I believe I asked a few hundred pages back and got a "nil", but would be neat if you do :wishluck:

I wish...but no I don't. :(

:sorry:

There aren't any copies of 25 or 26 in the CGC census so those late numbers are obviously extremely scarce. :eek:

Look familiar?

speed28.jpg

September 1943

adventure73.jpg

April 1942

Nice match.

I'd say that it eventually became a standard cover pose. Kirby and the gang used it on a dozen or more pre-hero Atlas/Marvel monster covers. Kirby also used versions on several Fantastic Four covers, especially when he was on auto-pilot later in his run (glance at GCD -- 21, 39, 86, 86). Even Amazing Spider-Man used it occasionally (the beloved Rhino cover of 41 is similar), Giant-Man in Tales to Astonish, etc. Most aren't as close as your match though.

Here's a later DC cover that's close.

49562-1622_4_112.jpg

Jack

BZ,

That is the cover of Zip 10. Inferno looked better on the cover than the interior. Check AE73 for a long article on Biro and some Zip scans on page 18.

bb

Don't forget the important part:

49616-zip10crop.jpg

Are we going to get to see Dicky? "Whip" him out, BZ!

Jack