• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

The comics in this thread are way cool, I also like the other stuff such as the paperback discussion, so here is one I picked up last week.

80798.jpg.6cfb71a92eaf16fe5ddc0d934b2a2024.jpg

Just to make the bump more fun, here's a recent pick up that BZ would appreciate. First Solomon Kane by REH and first published work by Tennesee Williams.

Very cool, Jeff.

Congrats on the purchase. :applause:

Here are a few more Weird Tales from 1928.

weirdtales19281.jpg

weirdtales19282.jpg

The comics in this thread are way cool, I also like the other stuff such as the paperback discussion, so here is one I picked up last week.

Thanks for sharing. :applause:

I think vintage paperbacks are great.

Here are a few more Avons.

avonpbs.jpg

Thanks for sharing. :applause:

I think vintage paperbacks are great.

Here are a few more Avons.

avonpbs.jpg

Avon is definitely my favorite paperback publisher. :cloud9:

Oh and welcome back!

Collecting cheaper reprint editions of novels can be fun, too.

I have an exceptionally nice condition Grosset & Dunlap edition of Dracula (circa 1929/1930).

dracula.jpg

dracula2.jpg

I like those G and D editions. The type is big enough for me to read. I like the Burt editions too although my copies are only Tarzan stories.

By the way, did you get the cotton candy off your shoes and the straw out of your hair? Circus life can be hard. Great Toby Tyler edition BZ.

(Mr. Door Tree is always posting nifty dust covers. Check him out if you haven't been there and you are missing BZ's scans. He is featuring some of my favorite Mystery in Space covers this month.)

3599882119_69878f37f9_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

That's an excellent book! I always look for these types of PB's at garage sales and flea market. Sometimes I get lucky.

Collecting cheaper reprint editions of novels can be fun, too.

I have an exceptionally nice condition Grosset & Dunlap edition of Dracula (circa 1929/1930).

dracula.jpg

dracula2.jpg

Nice edition of Dracula...is this a cover repo or the actual book? I have a couple editions of KONG with a nice repo cover...I have yet to see an original cover in such nice condition.

Bill

dracula.jpg

Nice edition of Dracula...is this a cover repo or the actual book? I have a couple editions of KONG with a nice repo cover...I have yet to see an original cover in such nice condition.

Bill

The dust jacket is original. The book was one of many obtained from an original owner collection which also included these Burroughs books and hundreds of pulp magazines.

erbbooks.jpg

BurroughsBooksGA14.jpg

BZ, Did you see my post on the pulp and sci-fi original paintings exhibit

coming to Orlando?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3206888#Post3206888

The cover illustration to The Eternal Lover by J Allen St John is supposed to be one

of the paintings on display. :cloud9:

Bill

The dust jacket is original. The book was one of many obtained from an original owner collection which also included these Burroughs books and hundreds of pulp magazines.

Nice! Is this the same source that you got your GA comics from or is this book collection from a different source?

dracula.jpg

Bill

erbbooks.jpg

BurroughsBooksGA14.jpg

I found a bunch of those ERB volumes at a book store in Mullica Hill, NJ but the owner refused to sell them to me. They went on ebay instead. Another collector picked up the fanzine collection for a song. I ended up with a few Spirit pages and an ad for Alan Light's reprints. (shrug)

dracula.jpg

Bill

erbbooks.jpg

BurroughsBooksGA14.jpg

Holey Chit!!!

Those are beutifull!! Nice haul!!!

That Oakdale /Rider is like impossible to find!!

Tell me those are Facsimile Covers on all those, they cant be Original...Can they?? (worship)

Might only interest me ... but some classic paintings would work well as design for comic books. For example, this would have made a fantastic cover for either The Arrow or a late run Amazing Man issue. (Sorry for the fuzzy pic) -

80951.jpg.34143a3f603ead2f50c46cf1f7bbcf9a.jpg

3613469233_022831de21_b.jpg

Found a Tex Blaisdell illo in Prison Break 3. This page was used as an index and a lot of pretty good art appeared on the inside cover of some comics. Kinstler and Wood did some of those. Does anyone have this art or was it chucked?

GA.UK scans

I got a few extra covers a few months ago. I like the Capt. Easy covers but not sure if they were done by Turner or someone else. Pretty sure that Crane wouldn't be doing them. And Schomburg did some but there is no XELA signature on these. Who? Who? Who?

3622482033_e13e963a94_b.jpg