• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Great cover + great copy = :headbang:

Thanks. :)

I think Air Fighters had some terrific covers. I don't know why they aren't loved by more collectors. (shrug)

I think part of the reason is comic collecting has become so expensive. I have always loved the Air Fighter covers and will probably get an issue or two one day, but I would rather work on my few small core runs. When I am done them in a few years I will probably move on to Amazing Man or some early Fox super-hero books. So many things to collect and so few collecting dollars.

Bruce

1st appearance of Valkyrie.

airfightersv2n2.jpg

My favorite of the bunch! :cloud9:

BZ, those pucks are just amazing. While not in color, I have a stack of Frank Leslie's Illustrated newspapers from the 1880's. Awesome engravings!

I've never owned any copies of Leslie's newspapers. If you have the time, could you post a scan / photo of any engravings you think are especially neat.

Do you have any issues from the time the Statue of Liberty was being constructed?

I think Air Fighters had some terrific covers. I don't know why they aren't loved by more collectors. (shrug)

I agree completely.

airfightersv2n6.jpg

Not the greatest cover but this issue was the toughest Air Fighters to find in grade for me.

BZ, those pucks are just amazing. While not in color, I have a stack of Frank Leslie's Illustrated newspapers from the 1880's. Awesome engravings!

I've never owned any copies of Leslie's newspapers. If you have the time, could you post a scan / photo of any engravings you think are especially neat.

Do you have any issues from the time the Statue of Liberty was being constructed?

Absolutely. I'll try to get some up this weekend. They are the German lannuguage version and they are all from one year.

I personally can't wait for the day I find this brilliant issue in the Four Color series ... :sick:

lol

Dell offered such variety. :luhv:

"The intimate life of a winsome squirrel..."

Maybe so, but I really like the cover to Perri (in fact I love that entire Nature Classic / True Life Adventure sub-series), if only for the colors but also the contents.

Another favorite in the series is this one -

" [..] where Ice-Age creatures strive to follow strange patterns of survival ..."

94454.jpg.9db3de9079cc4771d2f7336f733cfeb5.jpg