• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Timothy Smith. Appeared both in The Green Mask and The Big 3.

Am not able to access GAC right now :pullhair:

^^

confetti.gifwinner.gifcheers.gif

:golfclap:You're building up quite an impressive victory count Scrooge. notworthy.gif

2010 Pop Quizzes

1- Scrooge

2- Twistty1

3- MrBedrock

4- Scrooge

5- BB-Gun

6- Scrooge

I had good response in this thread a few months back when I posted my Ewer Puck page. (It seems to be the place for all things old and eclectic.) The same source turned up another Puck original--this Leighton Budd piece from 1905. Budd seems to be significantly less well-known than Ewer. He briefly had his own strip in 1906 called Every Move a Picture, Yours Truly the Tumblebug Brothers, and was a director and animator for Bray Studios in the 1910s. He may have been an inventor later in life, at least there exist patents in that name.

Anyhow, I thought this piece was very cool. There are the remnants of a tearsheet on the back that shows that it was printed in full color.

buddlsmaller.jpg

I'm kinda wondering what's supposed to be in the pipe. This would have been well before marijuana was outlawed.

I'm ready for when the Timster becomes THE hot character!

I hear Michael Cera's going to play him in the movie.

What a way to ruin a great character. It's casting decisions like this that will kill the market for comic book films. rantrant

I noticed this splash page looked a little like the Swiss Family Robinson strip. I thought one was by Yarbrough and the other by George Storm.

I am a little suprised by the similarity. Hangman by Storm was pretty weird looking compared to other strips that he did.

4393385248_9c4269f490_b.jpg

4392621051_298589ce60_o.jpg

buddlsmaller.jpg

Incredible couple of pieces of art you've picked up. :o

I love the two illustrations you've shared with us. Did the gallery where you purchased the two pieces share any details about the artwork's history?

I wasn't familiar with Budd so I googled his name and found this recent piece written about him in Allan Holz's blog: Link

The J.R. Bray interview that is referenced in the blog is fascinating reading.

I can't wait to find out what you're going to turn up next. lol