• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Anyone has 35¢ to spare ... I have a show I'd like to catch :blush:

123.jpg

Either that or we can go to this night club I like to go out to ...

135.jpg

I'd like to visit the 1939 San Francisco Golden Gate International Exposition.

Link

sanfranciscoexposition.gif

It looks educational.

There's apparently lots of Wild West lore I never learned about in school.

sally.jpg

sallyrand.jpg

:blush: Me neither. I am sure you're aware that there are even more explicit pictures of the exhibit around.

Otherwise, you can always enjoy some of Sally Rand's marquee acts as archived on YouTube -

THE FAN / FEATHER DANCE

or the also famous THE BUBBLE DANCE (far far far less lively) -

We're expecting everyone to arrive early so we'll have plenty of time for the show and tell portion of the program.

smilie_thanks_028.gif

I'm looking forward to those grocery sized goodie bags loaded with mint GA comics! :banana:

Steve, I'm putting these two comics in your bag.

Exciting2GA.jpg

Exciting3GA.jpg

:blush: Me neither. I am sure you're aware that there are even more explicit pictures of the exhibit around.

It must have been an interesting show. :whistle:

Here's a a page from the program that I found online.

sallyrandnuderanch.jpg

We're expecting everyone to arrive early so we'll have plenty of time for the show and tell portion of the program.

smilie_thanks_028.gif

I'm looking forward to those grocery sized goodie bags loaded with mint GA comics! :banana:

Exciting2GA.jpg

Exciting3GA.jpg

Those 2 will do (thnx) - and I promise not to spike the eggnog like last year (sorry 'bout dat).

Sorry for posting again. Didn't know where else to stick this excerpt from an interview with Dean Mullaney at Newsarama.com:

"NRAMA: Are there any other strips you’ll be working on in the foreseeable future?

DM: Yes, starting next summer, there will be a complete-in-two-volume set of Neal Adams’ Ben Casey newspaper strips. We also have the license from King Features to do the complete Alex Raymond Rip Kirby in five volumes.The first will be published Sept. 2009."

I am happy to hear about the Ben Casey volumes but my main excitment is hearing about the complete Raymond Rip Kirby. The only Rip Kirby reprints I have are of the bad cut and paste jobs, stretch and refit on a comic page format kind and I can see my $$ happily flying away to IDW again for these projects :D

The complete interview is here.

...starting next summer, there will be a complete-in-two-volume set of Neal Adams’ Ben Casey newspaper strips.

I'm pleased to hear this latest news from Dean, but what I really want to know is when is he going to reprint the complete run of Neal Adams' Chip Martin strips from Junior Scholastic. :sumo:

chipmartin.jpg

I'll have to save up my money so I can buy the Terry and the Pirates and Scorchy Smith books. hm

Did you buy the Dic k Tracy and Little Orphan Annie sets?

smilie_thanks_028.gif

Exciting2GA.jpg

Exciting3GA.jpg

Wow! Those are sweet! :o

smilie_thanks_028.gif

Exciting2GA.jpg

Exciting3GA.jpg

Wow! Those are sweet! :o

indeed they are

I'll have to save up my money so I can buy the Terry and the Pirates and Scorchy Smith books. hm

Did you buy the Dic k Tracy and Little Orphan Annie sets?

Oopps, didn't see this last night.

Yes, I have them all: Terry, D ick, Annie and Scorchy, even though I am not current on reading them all. Apparently, as per Dean, the volume 1 of Terry is fetching a premium on eBay right now?!?

If you save up money, I have a complete set of the Terry Dailies from NBM in great condition and I even have the binders that I am looking at divesting from because I bought the new collection. In the end, I like the old set better as it's easier to read than the oversize new Volumes as they are a pain to handle / hold (which is why I don't know I'm too excited about the change in the D ick volume size). I don't think there's much of a point for me to hold on to 2 complete sets of Terry, is there?