• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

We're expecting everyone to arrive early so we'll have plenty of time for the show and tell portion of the program.

smilie_thanks_028.gif

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the GA gang from BB, Mrs. BB, the kids and my strange pets.

3062867855_a4dccac194_o.jpg

3063705584_e195473334_o.jpg

3062867929_0375f27ea5_o.jpg

And peace!

bb

3062868037_8b636a6e18_o.jpg

We're expecting everyone to arrive early so we'll have plenty of time for the show and tell portion of the program.

smilie_thanks_028.gif

I'm looking forward to those grocery sized goodie bags loaded with mint GA comics! :banana:

Steve, I'm putting these two comics in your bag.

Exciting2GA.jpg

Exciting3GA.jpg

Those 2 will do (thnx) - and I promise not to spike the eggnog like last year (sorry 'bout dat).

at least you were man enough to clean up the mess...mrs BZ appreciated that, i am sure!

smilie_thanks_028.gif

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the GA gang from BB, Mrs. BB, the kids and my strange pets.

3062867929_0375f27ea5_o.jpg

And peace!

bb

It looks like these covers were inspired by the same muse.

bb

3062868009_6e9f12c27d.jpg

This story was brought to my attention by Pappy's Golden Age Comics Blogzine where it was awarded a Thanksgiving Turkey Award in 2006. I'm not certain if Pappy is being serious when he says it "exemplifies comic book stupidity at its worst." (shrug)

I think its great. Screwball comics at their best. (thumbs u lol

flatman1.jpg

flatman2.jpg

flatman3.jpg

flatman4.jpg

flatman5.jpg

flatman6.jpg

flatman7.jpg

flatman8.jpg

Scans are from goldenagecomics.co.uk

Here are a couple of interesting photos from the UCLA Library Digital Collection.

Captions are those attached to them at the website.

ucla1.jpg

City councilman Ernest Debs holding horror comic books that were purchased in his district in Los Angeles, Calif., 1954.

BZ.

I was reading some of the new scans form Goldenagecomics.co.uk and enjoyed the Barker story in National 43, which was the first issue with Spudo.

Jack Cole signed the splash which is pretty good. What was his role in creating the character?

bb

3071443604_7fcb318d32_o.jpg

Here are a couple of interesting photos from the UCLA Library Digital Collection.

Captions are those attached to them at the website.

ucla1.jpg

City councilman Ernest Debs holding horror comic books that were purchased in his district in Los Angeles, Calif., 1954.

What a show-off!

Jack