• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heidi on the 'Bay

171 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a copy of that, too! It's from Creation Con in NYC, 1974.

Anyway, that photo caused quite a stir. If you look at the original, she is nude and they drew on the rest! My Dad who was with me was pretty stunned! ;o)

Wow - she was a little young to be wearing that....

That's not a picture of Heidi btw.

WHOMEVER that is, she's a little young for such dress...

:preach:

-slym

Fixed it for you. ;)

Hey, I have a copy of that, too! It's from Creation Con in NYC, 1974.

Anyway, that photo caused quite a stir. If you look at the original, she is nude and they drew on the rest! My Dad who was with me was pretty stunned! ;o)

The cover wasn't really Work Safe either... (Howard Chaykin)

2729325251_de6dc23ebd.jpg

Creation Con Program

I was reading a little about this and found some cool stuff here. It show's the cover to the mag in there and some other info.

Search the book for her name Heidi Saha and it will show you the pages.

http://books.google.com/books?id=4Ofd-XudNAcC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_v2_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=heidi%20saha&f=false

I was visiting a friend who had a huge collection of digitized comics. One of them was a Heidi magazine. A few months ago that thing was worth in the $500 to $1000 area, maybe more, depending on condition. Also, it wasn't really blue chip. Anything could happen to the value of it at any time and it seemed to me like a curiousity and a poor investment. At best, it seemed like a reminder of being a fan in 1973. At worst it was some weird kind of smut.

Anyway, if anyone can get it now as a download, for free, I just can't see it being worth much. It is not a cultural artifact like FF 1 or Action 1. It is a curiosity for a few hundred people at the very most. I think the value will plummet if it hasn't already.

In fact, the most interesting thing about the Heidi magazine is its cost.

Any thoughts?

I totally agree Ron. I'm more interested in the nostalgic value of seeing photos taken when I was a fan-boy at the conventions. Have no interest in owning the book. I suspect the value will decline precipitously when old folks like me, who remember Heidi at the cons, fade away from the picture.

Nowadays scantily-clad ladies are common-place at conventions. In that respect, she was somewhat of a pioneer. ;)