• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heidi on the 'Bay

171 posts in this topic

I found current contact information for Heidi.

Part of what I do for a living is finding people and it wasn't that difficult really.

Might be interesting to write a letter and see if she's willing to go on record about some of the events that took place in the early to mid-70's. (shrug)

I found current contact information for Heidi.

Part of what I do for a living is finding people and it wasn't that difficult really.

Might be interesting to write a letter and see if she's willing to go on record about some of the events that took place in the early to mid-70's. (shrug)

(thumbs u

For Buffy Fan and I think anyone else who has stayed with this thread. Earlier on in this thread a woman, I think her name is Angelique Trouveres, who knew Heidi explained what was going on at the time and how her presence at the conventions in the early to mid seventies was even stranger than it seemed. It was her opinion that Heidi is leading a life that was quite distant from her days in comics fandom and wanted to keep it that way. I am inclined to believe her.

So I'm glad that you didn't make public the specific contact information. It sounds like Heidi has gone though enough horror. I for one, won't be contacting her.

Of course an interview with her would be way the heck more interesting than an interview with the latest hot Marvel artist. I just hope whoever (if anyone) does it will be sensitive and discrete.

I find the Heidi obsession a bit creepy, even more so having teenage daughters of my own, though since I'm the same age as Heidi and attended cons ( in Ohio) back then, had I lived in the NY area I probably would have had a crush on her at the time, which feels a little weird.

The more troubling aspect of the story is the cluelessness of the parents, then as now inappropriately and underdressed teenage girls can be found anywhere, but being asked to dress up that way at that age at the behest of one's parents is disturbing.

On the topic of girls dressing up for conventions, is there anyone on the boards from Ohio who remembers the early 70s Columbus cons, where the guy that ran them ( Gordon Odwarka - I think his name was) would have his daughter dress as the princess of the con or something along those lines. She was probably in her late teens at the time, and her costuming was reasonably modest IIRC, and I remember her as being quite pretty - but even as a 13 or 14 year old, I thought it was weird that someone would dragoon their daughter into a quasi-cheescake role, and found it doubtful that she enjoyed being there.

Here's a rare item. This has the rare photo of Heidi Saha in the nude. They drew a g-string on her. My Dad actually worked with Heidi's father (Art?). He was a sci-fi writer an autographed a book to me. Enjoy!

creation1_zps07b7e46c.jpg

creation1a_zpse98752ec.jpg