• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

low-grade unrestored Tec 29 on Ebay.....

50 posts in this topic

hello all...

some of us have already been discussing this copy...I think it will technically grade out in the g/vg range due to the tanning of pages (Nevada heat!) and the bottom left corner issue, along with some edge issues...but, should be agressively bid on...

rick

It's listed as unrestored. I've emailed the seller to see if he would offer an iron-clad guarantee that it would blue-label from CGC or offer a full refund. Haven't heard back yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

That lower corner looks very rough, the pages have degraded and are brittle there. I wouldn't be interested in that book. To me, it is very low grade. The pages look so brown. Maybe it is just the pciture, but I would be leery of that book.

The interior shots are pretty cool. I had no idea they were still running those 2-color stories as late as 1939. Which Detective was the last issue to use those?

Something about those two color stories I just love... the odd red and pink color scheme makes it look so, well, old!!

Will definiely be tracking this issue to see how it does. I notice the TEC 35 on ebay is getting close to its BIN price... thats one issue that has not slowed down...

That lower corner looks very rough, the pages have degraded and are brittle there. I wouldn't be interested in that book. To me, it is very low grade. The pages look so brown. Maybe it is just the pciture, but I would be leery of that book.

I agree the pages do look brittle.

Considering the sellers idea that VF can be associated with this book some how, I doubt the final bid will come any where near reserve. I wouldn't be surprised if the reserve is set at 20K.

Hmm, who's copy looks better?

Here is mine:

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture010.jpg

SWEET SHOTS DarkKnight!! Just a beautiful book. One of my top picks, by far.

Hey, is that your TEC 35 on Ebay right now?

Hey RynaH.. Yep, that is my Tec 35.. I just need $100 more to have my reserve met.. I'm hoping it does

Can't see why this won't blow past the reserve. Even if the pages were brittle I would be seriously tempted to jump on this book, just don't have the funds at the moment. Viewing those interior pages really makes me appreciate those pre-Robin Tec's even more.

Can't see why this won't blow past the reserve. Even if the pages were brittle I would be seriously tempted to jump on this book, just don't have the funds at the moment. Viewing those interior pages really makes me appreciate those pre-Robin Tec's even more.

SS, did you ever receive your TEC 35 from METRO??

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

...Still no response whether or not the book is guaranteed to be holdered unrestored by CGC. This is something that is a definite prerequisite before I would even consider bidding decent dough on a book like this. How do others view this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif