• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

low-grade unrestored Tec 29 on Ebay.....

50 posts in this topic

Hmm, who's copy looks better?

Here is mine:

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture010.jpg

yours does by far

Thanks! headbang.gif Still debating though on whether I should leave it as is or restore it to a higher grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm...

The answer to this question is as obvious as the ABC's. Leave that thing alone and keep it original. Better yet, get her into a CGC Blue label for presentation and rock solid verification. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! headbang.gif Still debating though on whether I should leave it as is or restore it to a higher grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm...

I think it has incredible eye appeal "as is" I wouldn't restore it to a higher grade as I think the resale ( if you ever sold to upgrade or something ) would be massly received much better as an unrestored copy. thumbsup2.gif

I sent it out to CGC a while back, bu couldn't get this book slabbed because of an overhang from the front cover frown.gif... I guess it will be raw for now.

hey B...

is this unrestored?...I didn't even know you had one?

rick

I sent it out to CGC a while back, bu couldn't get this book slabbed because of an overhang from the front cover frown.gif... I guess it will be raw for now.

hey B...

rick

Hey Rick,

I know you've seen this copy before. I posted it a couple of times on the boards. According to Josh Nathanson, he said that it had slight restoration, but I'm thinking of letting Matt Nelson take a look at it since he is an expert and I don't know how good Josh is in detecting restoration.

hey B...

rick

Hey Rick,

I know you've seen this copy before. I posted it a couple of times on the boards. According to Josh Nathanson, he said that it had slight restoration, but I'm thinking of letting Matt Nelson take a look at it since he is an expert and I don't know how good Josh is in detecting restoration.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm...I wonder how I missed it...send it to matt, he will help you out...and if it already has some resto, man, I bet he could get that bad boy looking sweeeeet (er)

rick

hey B...

rick

Hey Rick,

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm...I wonder how I missed it...send it to matt, he will help you out...and if it already has some resto, man, I bet he could get that bad boy looking sweeeeet (er)

rick

Im pretty sure Matt will. I'm just trying to come close to completing the collection and then have it restored later maybe or who knows what happens if I decide to still keep it or upgrade to a higher graded copy.

hello all...

has anyone gotten a response to any questions about this ebay auction from Jim?...I have not yet heard back from him

rick

No I have not.

hello all...

has anyone gotten a response to any questions about this ebay auction from Jim?...I have not yet heard back from him

rick

I have gotten 2 responses. I asked him about the page quality. He said that they were supple and cream colored. But before I asked him that question, I asked if he can guarantee me that the book is unrestored and if restoration was found, if he would take a refund.. DIdn't get an answer yet from that.

hello all...

rick

I have gotten 2 responses. I asked him about the page quality. He said that they were supple and cream colored. But before I asked him that question, I asked if he can guarantee me that the book is unrestored and if restoration was found, if he would take a refund.. DIdn't get an answer yet from that.

Yah, Brian, he dodged me on the resto/refund Question too...

Yeah, I was the high bidder until someone outbidded me.. Looking at the pages, how can you tell it is brittle? Is it because the pages look curvy at the top and bottom ends? Seems cream colored to me

Looking at the Batman story pics, looks like it may be slightly brittle near the inside pages along the spine...the outer edges look tan and I would assume the paper is stronger on the outside edges and the middle...

hello all...

rick

he has not responsed to me...DK got a response though..maybe he is swamped with emails...he should just post a CGC blue label/refund policy on the auction site so we can all be informed.that might up the # of bidders..but maybe he is afraid it might get a purple label.

over hang really? that's weird. If the cover was married, than maybe it is a little off center from the pages...overhang is common with the SA books and not GA to my knowledge...send it to Matt Nelson DK...he can confirm it for sure...

DK, would you mind posting photos of the inside front and back covers to compare PQ? Similar to opening the front and back covers to see the first/last page interiors.. I was also curious about that apparent tear/gash near the edge of the spine on line with the C in COMICS. Does that gash go through the cover?, cause it looks too white underneath,

To be clear, did CGC say it was due to the top edge overhang why they would not slab it? Hard to really tell from the photos but it does appear it is just the top edge?

Thanks

Ze-