• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

low-grade unrestored Tec 29 on Ebay.....

50 posts in this topic

DK, would you mind posting photos of the inside front and back covers to compare PQ? Similar to opening the front and back covers to see the first/last page interiors.. I was also curious about that apparent tear/gash near the edge of the spine on line with the C in COMICS. Does that gash go through the cover?, cause it looks too white underneath,

To be clear, did CGC say it was due to the top edge overhang why they would not slab it? Hard to really tell from the photos but it does appear it is just the top edge?

Thanks

Ze-

Hey Ze,

CGC didn't specify what kind of overhang it had. THey said that the covers were not able to be encapsulated because they were hanging and they didn't want to risk any damages to the covers. Anyways, the photos you requested are shown below:

Picture066.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

hello all...

the tec 29 seller (whom I thought I knew, but apparently not), seems to be "avoiding" answering my repeatedly sent questions (red flag) about the book...for that reason, I just thought I would let you all know I am likely not pursuing this book, unless someone else has had some communication with the seller about page quality, guarantee of unrestored nature of the book, etc...

and, ebay seller AWIN has finally put his fr/gd copy of tec 28 up on ebay by itself (which I am fairly certain I know is unrestored, but has slightly brittle pages that I don't do)...

a shame, to have a 28 and 29 on ebay at same time, and me with a desire to have both, but I will likely have neither

rick

hello all...

the tec 29 seller (whom I thought I knew, but apparently not), seems to be "avoiding" answering my repeatedly sent questions (red flag) about the book...for that reason, I just thought I would let you all know I am likely not pursuing this book, unless someone else has had some communication with the seller about page quality, guarantee of unrestored nature of the book, etc...

and, ebay seller AWIN has finally put his fr/gd copy of tec 28 up on ebay by itself (which I am fairly certain I know is unrestored, but has slightly brittle pages that I don't do)...

a shame, to have a 28 and 29 on ebay at same time, and me with a desire to have both, but I will likely have neither

rick

...shame about the Tec 28...as bad as I want an unrestored copy of this book......slighlty brittle pages and tape on most of the spine.....no can do. frown.gif

hello all...

rick

...shame about the Tec 28...as bad as I want an unrestored copy of this book......slighlty brittle pages and tape on most of the spine.....no can do. frown.gif

me neither...

he emailed me yesterday telling me "Ok, you asked for it, you got it" type, and then discloses (to his credit) that the tips of the pages are not supple (i.e. BRITTLE)....

and thus, I "loose" again

rick

$8,650. Zero feedback. Registered day of auction. Doesn't sound good.

I bet CGC would grade this a 2.0/2.5 at best.

I don't know...depending on whether or not the inside was " burnt" as it looked with the photos taken outside...

structurally it could have easily been a 3.0 or 3.5, just depends, I couldn't get a decent response from the seller with more info

rick

hello all...

well, this book has made its way to metro's site, and to give credit to V and S, at least they graded it accurately...gd+ with some page brittleness (far different than the ebay description)...now I am glad the seller didn't answer my questions and I didn't bid!

rick

ps-Metro, how about finding me a nice VG, unrestored 29, with off white pages for me, pretty please?

ps-Metro, how about finding me a nice VG, unrestored 29, with off white pages for me, pretty please?

Sorry I can't help ya Big "R"... mine doesn't have off white pages, it has Cream to Off White Pages. poke2.gif