• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original art - darthdiesel c. 1984

55 posts in this topic

Hela puts a curse on Thor where he can't die but his bones are all brittle like Mr. Glass....so he wears the chain mail to get support...

Like I friggin' know! Wasn't reading any comics at that time! sorry.gif

377 in April 1987, but this had been building up since DEcember 1986 in issue 374...

Dammit...I typed in that number first but changed it. Dunno why I picked that number first! confused.gif

377 in April 1987, but this had been building up since DEcember 1986 in issue 374...

Dammit...I typed in that number first but changed it. Dunno why I picked that number first! confused.gif

your gung fu skillz are getting better grasshopper 893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow your pictures are reminiscent of an early John Wayne Gacy.... 893whatthe.gif

Did you progress to clowns as well at a later age ? 893whatthe.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif27_laughing.gif

blush.gif

Anybody else got "original art"to share?

This is Bronty's ASM 313 cover recreation circa 12 years old

I drew this when I was 14 years old. (Note: Bloom County was all the rage back then.. which explains the weird "homage" in her lap...)

enigma300.jpg

Classic Stuff, Darth!

And who'd of thunk it? We have some pretty good artists here (not Darth! grin.gif). I'll have to try and dig up some of my artwork and post it. Great thread!

Anybody here have any formal art training??? I wish I had.....

Chris

I would like to make a contribution to the most interesting thread of today...

Darth, your drawing remind me a lot of good memories, back in early 80's.

Here's a never published cover of "Mister Myster" (?!? i was really prolific at this time, far more than now, but i was 12 years old too...)

mm.jpg

Oh my god, when i think that i could have been a Jim Lee... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

I think it will be great if everybody post their own drawing here.

Awesome stuff Darth! Never thought of you as a slasher though... ooo.gif

I remember the picture below like it was yesterday. I always liked flipping through the Heavy Metal mags my older brother kept laying around his room. I did this sketch with conte/chalk for grade 9 art class, but I didn't submit it. I was one of those kids that loved stuffing everything in my desk, in the most diorderly fashion. My teacher knew this full well. So every month or so, she would walk up to my desk, flip it upside down, and ask me to reorganize it.

Its worth mentioning that I went to a catholic school run by nuns, and when my teacher noticed (my art book opened accidentally as it flung out of the desk) the picture on the first page of my sketch book, I had to spend my Friday afternoons in detention for a month with Mr Doyle (what an A-hole -- this guy was known for dropping a pile of sand on your desk, and asking that you pick out ONE grain out of the pile at a time; if you took out more than ONE grain, you had to start all over). Needless to say, I burned my uniform the day after the last day of school, and promised never to step foot in that school again. This picture, the last memory of that experience at that prison ward.

early_work.jpg

I would like to make a contribution to the most interesting thread of today...

Darth, your drawing remind me a lot of good memories, back in early 80's.

Here's a never published cover of "Mister Myster" (?!? i was really prolific at this time, far more than now, but i was 12 years old too...)

mm.jpg

Oh my god, when i think that i could have been a Jim Lee... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

I think it will be great if everybody post their own drawing here.

Take these broken wings

learn to fly again learn to live so free

and when we hear the voices sing

the book of love will open up and let us in. ...

Ah Mister Mister..those were the days grin.gif