• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

As far as I am concerned this is now a dead issue unless a PP transaction can be produced to me via PM that we can sort out. If that is the case, I will again as stated earlier, send a refund in full asap. If the art is found (fingers crossed) I will, as stated earlier, mail it out to him at no cost.

I think that is the challenge for Alex. He either has to produce a PP confirmation, or move on from this probation request which I am assuming is dead already.

But I think at the 6-month mark (or something reasonable), I would have come to an agreement this was not going to happen. Two years has led to confusion if a payment was ever even made or not.

I have worked very hard to build a good if not fantastic reputation on the boards for sales and feel it is being soiled when it could have been taken care of privately with a refund and again, my apologies.

I will stand by my word that I am done with any future dealings with Alex. He is a great guy and a person I have long considered a friend, but the public damage is done.

Jon... sir you have no reason to feel this way. In reading your willingness to work out the problem with Alex, your rep is far from being soiled. If anything it shows your desire to solidify your reputation as a quality seller.

I, like the rest of us, can only see a snipet of whats happened between you and Alex... but the fact that you want to work with the man shows your willingness to resolve whatever issue he, as the buyer, may have.

Jon, I see nothing that you have done to be remotely probation worthy. As you know I recently had a board member throw the threat of the "probation list" at me for simply following the rules of my own sales thread. His arguement was frivolous as well as utterly ridiculous (well at least to me and what looks to be 42% of the "board" at last count), and should have never seen the light of public board record.

That said, to Alex... I am in no way calling your concerns frivolous and/or ridiculous. That was my situation, not yours. But it appears that Jon has offered you a conclusion and a resolution to whatever problems you may have. It doesn't appear that he has attempted to deceive you in any way and shows genuine concern for the issue at hand. If you do consider this man a friend, then realize he is making an attempt to make right concerning whatever problems you have with him. This just doesn't read like a "probation" worthy incident with the info at hand.

The fact that Jon is showing us his desire to work with you shows his integrity. I think that everyone needs to keep friends like that. PM him & figure out what your and his issues are concerning this and work it out.

As far as I am concerned this is now a dead issue unless a PP transaction can be produced to me via PM that we can sort out. If that is the case, I will again as stated earlier, send a refund in full asap. If the art is found (fingers crossed) I will, as stated earlier, mail it out to him at no cost.

I think that is the challenge for Alex. He either has to produce a PP confirmation, or move on from this probation request which I am assuming is dead already.

But I think at the 6-month mark (or something reasonable), I would have come to an agreement this was not going to happen. Two years has led to confusion if a payment was ever even made or not.

It is rather easy to confirm in Paypal whether a payment has been made or not. Just click on "Payments sent" then just pick the time period you want. For example, I just checked on all of the payments I sent between 9/1/08 and 12/31/08. If Alex did in fact make a payment to Jon through Paypal, he should be able to find it in about 2 minutes. Of course, Jon could do the same thing but by clicking "Payments received" instead. (shrug)

Edited by Shark

Fair enough Jon. I would have refunded him the money long ago, and moved along. As to Alex, I would have accepted the refund and moved along. Silly, how serious everyone gets. :)

Regardless of the emotions involved, it's still only a transaction. He pays, you deliver. He doesn't pay, you don't deliver. You don't deliver, you refund. You can't remember paying or receiving, you seek help :insane:lol

personally i think the sam kieth CGC signatures series look like , that's not even the way he originally signed his books. :screwy: it looks like he didn't give a rats azz about the way he signed, i'd be insulted and prolly sell them. meh when he signed my books back in '90, he took like 10 seconds to sign each book. :cloud9: i wish the best to both bob and jon on resolving this matter. :wishluck:

i wish the best to both bob and jon on resolving this matter. :wishluck:

Who the hell is bob?

that was alex's original board name, n00b. :baiting:

Shall we share your original name? :devil:

:popcorn:

Who the hell is bob?

my given name is no big secret, especially if i bought from sellers using paypal. :screwy: now shall i put my foot up your azz? hm:whistle:

Who the hell is bob?

my given name is no big secret, especially if i bought from sellers using paypal. :screwy: now shall i put my foot up your azz? hm:whistle:

lol ... :sumo: Bring it.