• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

I can't decide if you're joking or not. ???

Why would he be joking?

To me, this is even more of a pain in the than posting the "I'll take it" & not paying. The guy posted he wanted a book, Shark went & found it, negotiated a price, agreed on a deal, only to have the guy back out the next day.

Because it's happened to me twice this week? Because in most sales venues you have the option of changing your mind? Because I don't see anyone out of pocket?

Technically according to discussions on here he makes the list.

I still stand by not knowing if the nomination was a joke.

I can't decide if you're joking or not. ???

Why would he be joking?

To me, this is even more of a pain in the than posting the "I'll take it" & not paying. The guy posted he wanted a book, Shark went & found it, negotiated a price, agreed on a deal, only to have the guy back out the next day.

Assume much?

Because it's happened to me twice this week? Because in most sales venues you have the option of changing your mind? Because I don't see anyone out of pocket?

HOS and Probation List Rules

The following Probation List Rules are in effect beginning 8/1/2011. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

b) If the transaction is agreed on by both parties to take longer than 30 days - for example, a transaction involving time payments over a longer time, the 30 day clock begins from the time the agreed upon conditions were violated.

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

d) A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL.

And how did I not acknowledge that by saying technically he makes the list?

HOS and Probation List Rules

The following Probation List Rules are in effect beginning 8/1/2011. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

b) If the transaction is agreed on by both parties to take longer than 30 days - for example, a transaction involving time payments over a longer time, the 30 day clock begins from the time the agreed upon conditions were violated.

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

d) A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL.

It just seemed like you were questioning whether the guy should be on the probation list or not. And I'm not joking. The guy backed out of an agreed upon deal and bought another book instead because it was slightly cheaper (even though it was a lower grade).

It just seemed like you were questioning whether the guy should be on the probation list or not. And I'm not joking. The guy backed out of an agreed upon deal and bought another book instead because it was slightly cheaper (even though it was a lower grade).

That's really a crappy move on his part. Sorry it happened to you, Mike.

Just from a buyer's perspective - I agreed to buy a high dollar book (mutli-thousand) here on the boards via PM. That same day I saw two other copies online - same grade (CGC), virtually same eye appeal, one with the same PQ and the other higher PQ. I would have saved $400 on one and nearly $300 on the other.

I didn't even hesitate to follow-through on my commitment to purchase the one I had agreed to buy here. I would loved to have saved some money but integrity is something I hold in the highest regard. It was worth it to me if nothing else to maintain the trust I feel I have earned in the multitude of transactions I have made here and elsewhere but that's how I try to live my life.

I guess in simplest terms - a deal's a deal.

Just from a buyer's perspective - I agreed to buy a high dollar book (mutli-thousand) here on the boards via PM. That same day I saw two other copies online - same grade (CGC), virtually same eye appeal, one with the same PQ and the other higher PQ. I would have saved $400 on one and nearly $300 on the other.

I didn't even hesitate to follow-through on my commitment to purchase the one I had agreed to buy here. I would loved to have saved some money but integrity is something I hold in the highest regard. It was worth it to me if nothing else to maintain the trust I feel I have earned in the multitude of transactions I have made here and elsewhere but that's how I try to live my life.

I guess in simplest terms - a deal's a deal.

Did you tell any of this to the original seller? I agree a deal is a deal. I also value my integrity. To further that I value my integrity as a seller as well. If I had sold that book to you at that price I would have liked to know the other options you found. I would not automatically assume the only course of action is to hold you to the arrangement.

Well its been over 72 hours with no response to my PM nor the Probation Discussion notice.

I would like to request that Marvelguy34 be added to the Probation List until he clears up the failed transactions between us.

Did you tell any of this to the original seller? I agree a deal is a deal. I also value my integrity. To further that I value my integrity as a seller as well. If I had sold that book to you at that price I would have liked to know the other options you found. I would not automatically assume the only course of action is to hold you to the arrangement.

Jeff, I didn't. I felt the price we agreed to was fair and I didn't want it to appear I was trying now to bicker down the price. I was still pleased with the deal or I wouldn't have made it in the first place.

This is the WRONG THREAD. Use the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS thread to discuss problems and nominate people for the Probation List.

This thread is supposed to be solely to post updated versions of the Probation List.

You mean that 1000 page behemoth full of legalese and endless back and forth over what should and shouldn't be the rules? lol I remember when that thread was entertaining . You could go there and read some good old fashioned witch burnings! (kinda like the old pulps)

This is the WRONG THREAD. Use the PROBATION DISCUSSIONS thread to discuss problems and nominate people for the Probation List.

This thread is supposed to be solely to post updated versions of the Probation List.

doh! Sorry....I thought this was the right thread. My bad..... :sorry:

Any probation recommendations or other discussion, please utilize the probation discussion thread.

:bump: 8/5/11 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

• Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7 aka royig aka Punkkitty aka bamaboy aka Greenpep
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark
    (added 5/3/10 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TheDanimal
    (added 8/12/10 - 8th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• MachineGunned aka William Townsend aka Chester Jordan
    (added 8/31/10 - 9th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Joker-Fish
    (added 11/3/10 - 10th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time. Those with an "Off-Board" notation indicates the failed transaction occurred outside of the CGC Comics Message Boards. If known, the ID used for the transaction, if different from the Message Board ID (i.e. eBay, etc), will be notated.

Marvelguy34 added.

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10)

• bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• comicseekers (added 9/14/10)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• erbdom (added 12/08/09)

• ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10)

• Gaijin2010 (added 9/24/10)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Hammerhead (voluntarily added 7/27/11)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• HGComics (added 10/7/09)

• htown79 (added 8/4/10)

• holyghost (added 6/30/11)

• kevin109 (added 4/19/10)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• Marvelguy34 (added 8/5/11)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mishu2nite (added 3/3/10)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• panahobit (added 3/8/11)

• SAGAT (added 4/29/11) - Off Board via eBay - eBay ID Miffybunny

• Sid (added 8/8/07)

• SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)

• SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)

• SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

• Superman20 (added 12/18/07)

• Taz007 aka Thesavros aka Rudolph (added 7/15/09)