• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Wait,

This is all over Sam Keith? REALLY???

And BTW Paypal keeps an electronic history of every transaction. All you have to do is a search, either by amount or seller ID (e-mail)

that's what it sounds like. :slapfight:

If that is true, :eek:

Wait,

And BTW Paypal keeps an electronic history of every transaction. All you have to do is a search, either by amount or seller ID (e-mail)

Surely not... ???

What the hell is going on?
I don't know, but I look forward to much self-immolation over the weekend as this private matter is resolved in public. But, I have to say frankly, I'm already in JJ's corner as we have shared drinks together. Much the same reason as why I like many of the boardies I do. Thank you alcohol.

What the hell is going on?

It looks to me like there are two items that Alex has not paid for that he doesn't have. I hope that all of the people who have not paid me for items that they don't have don't add me to the Probation Thread. I would think that would really clog up the Probation Thread.

But seriously, Jon has already fallen on the sword. He doesn't know where the art page is. Alex isn't out any money. They can do a deal for another page or go their separate ways. Same goes for the Stumptown book. JJs punishment should be that he sells Alex the book for what the current market rate is, because that book was a smoking turd within weeks of its issue.

To me there is no Probation List issue because there is nothing to be done. Alex is not entitled to a refund of funds he never paid and he has already said he doesn't want the Stumptown. He got to air his grievance with Jon, whatever the motivation was. The discussion will stay here to "alert" the public of this transaction gone awry, which coupled with Jon's hundreds of successful transactions is a pretty damn good indication of what dealing with Jon is like.

Edited by seanfingh

Well, since you are taking it here. I cannot prove that I paid you for this book. The paypal amount in question that I sent you (that I thought was for this book) was most likely for another deal we had.

Alex, which is it so everyone is clear?

It sounds like you may not even be sure, so this is appearing like a situation of a deal-outstanding where there really was no loss for either party.

(shrug)

Any probation recommendations or other discussion, please utilize the probation discussion thread.

:bump: 12/10/10 PROBATION LIST UPDATE :bump:

THE HALL OF SHAME

The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the

Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the

Marketplace Forum:

Refreshed for ease of sales reference.

•  
  • Herald2Galactus
    (Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

• gilbertotorres
    (added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• ComicSupply
    (added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

• CAP freak
    (added 5/21/09 - 4th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• AlleyBat aka BucOne aka WolfHulk aka Roxx Gang aka MarkWeb aka lastyle7 aka royig aka Punkkitty aka bamaboy aka Greenpep
    (added 5/23/08 - 5th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TFL
    (added 6/2/09 - 6th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Dr. Frankenstein aka muscleshark
    (added 5/3/10 - 7th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• TheDanimal
    (added 8/12/10 - 8th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• MachineGunned aka William Townsend aka Chester Jordan
    (added 8/31/10 - 9th "Hall of Shame" Member)

• Joker-Fish
    (added 11/3/10 - 10th "Hall of Shame" Member)

THE PROBATION LIST

The following Board Members are currently on "Probation" for failure to complete

a Marketplace Forum transaction in good faith after one month's time:

• aaron568 (added 11/6/08)

• BATMANFAN (added 2/9/10)

• bkwon12 (added 10/08/09)

• brasseye (added 7/2/09)

• bronzejunkie (added 3/26/07)

• Chrissr (added 12/22/09)

• clobberintime (added 11/7/07)

• comicmankev (added 3/27/07)

• comicseekers (added 9/14/10)

• DarkKnight2K4 (added 4/24/08)

• donavan74 (added 3/27/07)

• erbdom (added 12/08/09)

• ffxmen14 (added 4/12/10)

• Gaijin2010 (added 9/24/10)

• Ghastly (added by majority vote 12/3/07)

• Henchman (added 4/25/08)

• HGComics (added 10/7/09)

• htown79 (added 8/4/10)

• kevin109 (added 4/19/10)

• Lighthouse (added 6/13/07)

• Marc Wolfe (added 9/15/08)

• matewan1990 (added 3/3/08)

• mishu2nite (added 3/3/10)

• mjacobs8 (added 1/24/09)

• Nascar (added 6/2/07)

• NEXTLVL (added 10/12/08)

• rza808 (added 12/29/08) Please read for update!

• Sid (added 8/8/07)

• SilverSlinky (added 11/20/09)

• SIXX_VAN_ROSE (added 11/7/08)

• SpiderJay300 (added 9/15/07)

• Superman20 (added 12/18/07)

• Taz007 aka Thesavros aka Rudolph (added 7/15/09)

• TVanderZwaag (added 6/23/09)

Wait,

I have known all the guys involved in the Kieth signing just about as long as anyone, and I wasn't included either. I don't expect to be included on everything everyone does. Much in the same way I don't call Fingh to read him pages from my super secret "My Little Pony" diary, I don't expect everyone I know to include me in everything they do either.

As for the artwork in question, it sounds like JJ was acting as rep for the artwork and never got it from Doug. In the OA world this happens so often to so many artists that this doesn't even cause a blip in the EKG of most OA collectors. It's just a fact.

JJ has not spent enough time in training to perfect the JJ JEDI MIND TRICK to force Doug to dig the page out. There's only so much one person can do to make another adult search and find a page. Thank goodness no money changed hands (as it sounds).

I really hope this isn't about missing out on a signing, because that would be sad. I have missed out on more signings (forcing me to pay retail for the books later) than I can count. At the end of the day I remind myself that they are comic books and that I will live.

Hoping for a peaceful resolution.

So Jon doesn't go on the list? Why? Exempt? hm

How does he meet the terms of the list? Alex never paid for anything and he never got anything. The word is out that one time Jon sold an art page that got lost. There is no transaction to complete and nothing to be done.

Nobody should be exempt from this list, no matter their previous sales history. But I would hope their historic successes show they can be trusted.

This statement from JJ appears to be an offer to resolve this, which I think shows this is an odd situation compared to your common failed sales engagement.

Until I get a reply from Alex concerning what I have offered in PM from the last time I offered to sort this out, I will not even consider this a matter. As once he does reply to me concerning it, it will be resolved.

There has been plenty of history concerning this page between Alex and I, with all good intentions on both sides.

It sounds like the two parties need to figure this out on their own.

Never said that David, neither you or I or Bosco or anyone is exempt. We all have to be judged. If the judgement is that I need to be placed on the Probation Thread, then so be it. I have made my point on the issue and the point is that I have tried to work with Alex and have long considered him a friend. I don't believe he needs to be thrown under the bus, but I am not one to be backed into a corner.

Was this a mess from the outset, yes. I feel bad about it and want to and have tried to do what I can (even if that means that I have not yet produced anything for Alex).

I still stand by my word that if the art is found it is his. I hope that the next time I am at the studio I will have the chance again to look. I know personally that if I was hoping for a piece of art and had it set aside for purchase and was not able to complete that transaction I would be upset also. But that said, if the person on the other side of the table was trying to work it out, personally I can live with a mistake.

What irks me to no end is that I have tried and as anyone can plainly see by the PM I posted earlier in this thread have tried and offered to resolve this problem as best as possible given all the circumstances. As it stands the ball has been in the other parties court for over a month now with no reply to this issue.

As far as I am concerned this is now a dead issue unless a PP transaction can be produced to me via PM that we can sort out. If that is the case, I will again as stated earlier, send a refund in full asap. If the art is found (fingers crossed) I will, as stated earlier, mail it out to him at no cost.

I have worked very hard to build a good if not fantastic reputation on the boards for sales and feel it is being soiled when it could have been taken care of privately with a refund and again, my apologies.

I will stand by my word that I am done with any future dealings with Alex. He is a great guy and a person I have long considered a friend, but the public damage is done.