• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: EBAY SELLERS...CANT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!?!?!

43 posts in this topic

Push for a partial refund.

Soon as you paid for them, you owned them. Forget all this other garbage these guys are trying to tell you.

The guy in wholesale fashion ignored your instructions regarding packaging YOUR BOOKS. In fact, he assured neglible delivery with his packaging..or lack of it.

The guy essentially screwed you, through ignoring basic instructions, and applying essential care in packaging the books. Give the guy what he needs...a wake up call.

You actually believe this bilge don't you?

yeahok.gif do enlighten me with your version of 'you've paid for the goods, now the seller's entitled to effectively trash them'.

No seller has the right to trash the goods. However, you don't find it obnoxious to buy an item and then dictate to the seller after the fact how he/she should package it? Shouldn't that have been discussed before the auction was won?

if you want more clarification on my feelings see my reponse to blutobc below.

If a seller just slaps postage and a shipping label on the cover and sends the comic old school subscription style - would that be okay? That's still the accepted way to mail new periodicals, so who would complain about getting used ones that way?

Very good point. What we deem as reasonable shipping methods does not jive with the non-collecting world. Well said.

I'm not beating down on BAFs purchase....but you've got to ask your questions prior to making a bid and/or sending payment. Sending a request with the paypal payment really is too late. Yes a good seller would respond in at least some manner....but he still doesn't have to change his auction terms at that point.

Thank you. Exactly my point.

Shipping without bags, boards, or sufficient support is bad, wrong, and not a good comic business practice....so a refund or neg could be in order...but BAF's original post included a complaint that the seller didn't follow HIS shipping instructions. I'm saying that you've got to be on the same page prior to placing a bid is all.

See my previous answer. thumbsup2.gif

[quote

Shipping without bags, boards, or sufficient support is bad, wrong, and not a good comic business practice....so a refund or neg could be in order...but BAF's original post included a complaint that the seller didn't follow HIS shipping instructions. I'm saying that you've got to be on the same page prior to placing a bid is all.

You are correct, but it does seem that the seller absolves himself of all responsibility once the cash is safely in their account.

At the end of the day, technically the seller is in the wrong, whether they take that on board, or simply ignore a complaint is another matter. And it is worth pushing to at least warn other potential bidder's if a refund of some kind isn't on offer.

People do take the time to read neg's, and can tell what is BS and what isn't.

The seller has an obligation to ship the books in such a manner that they are reasonably assured to arrive at their destinatiion in the same condition they left the originating point. If he does not do that, a refund should be given.

A seller is under no obligation to ship the books in the manner dictated by the buyer. He can if he wants to, but he can ship in any way he feels like as long as the above obligation is met and it is in accordance with the terms of the auction.

The seller has an obligation to ship the books in such a manner that they are reasonably assured to arrive at their destinatiion in the same condition they left the originating point. If he does not do that, a refund should be given.

A seller is under no obligation to ship the books in the manner dictated by the buyer. He can if he wants to, but he can ship in any way he feels like as long as the above obligation is met and it is in accordance with the terms of the auction.

Very well put. thumbsup2.gif

Hey, who said you could answer this thread with an intelligent response!!!!!

27_laughing.gif

stooges.gif

So i was out of line to ask to ship the comics between two heavy pieces of cardboard. I should have emailed the seller prior to buying the comics? what if the comics your buying..(all have buy it nows on them) .you have been searching for these comics for a long time. years. you never see them better then good if you see them at all. now you see three books you need in fine or better (claimed) no one who knows what i am talking about is going to email the seller and wait for a response as to if they could ship them between cardboard. your going to buy the books. which is what i did. the seller is wrong here. people here want to debate how great they ship...they dont need emails asking for certain things like heavy cradboard. this is not about anyones here shipping style.

Is that Handsome in your avatar?

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for cardboard; I do the same if I've bought from someone I don't know and especially if they don't appear to sell comics regularly. I hate when somebody tells me how to pack an item, so I try to be as polite and diplomatic as possible. I once even shipped some bags and boards to a seller.

It sounds like this guy is just a chump.

So i was out of line to ask to ship the comics between two heavy pieces of cardboard. I should have emailed the seller prior to buying the comics? what if the comics your buying..(all have buy it nows on them) .you have been searching for these comics for a long time. years. you never see them better then good if you see them at all. now you see three books you need in fine or better (claimed) no one who knows what i am talking about is going to email the seller and wait for a response as to if they could ship them between cardboard. your going to buy the books. which is what i did. the seller is wrong here. people here want to debate how great they ship...they dont need emails asking for certain things like heavy cradboard. this is not about anyones here shipping style.

Your quote from the opening post..."Sellers who dont follow simple intructions should be hung". That's what I responded to. Sorry you got a bad deal. CD4ever summed it up very well.

Even on a hard to find grail...you either put the questions out up front or you take your chances. You took a chance and you got burnt. Better luck on the next one. flowerred.gif

I had that problem until I asked my mail person to hold all of my packages at the post office. Either they would jam them in, or leave them beside the tree if they couldn't fit in the box. Now I don't have that problem. Is it a pain to have to go to the post office? yes, but it good to know it is there not hanging outside in the rain or jammed into a mail box. But of course there are the ones who send in a manila envelope without stiff cardboard, and without writing on it "DO NOT BEND" . I had one jerk sell me a Tales of Suspense #48 in NM and just put it in an envelope. Well it might have once been NM, It did get a VF- when I had it graded, but it came back a PLOD! And the guy wanted to know why I didn't leave him positive feedback. Christo_pull_hair.gif

As someone who mainly sells, I've gottah disagree with the "you should have asked before buying"

It's the seller's obligation to pack these things in a manner that they aren't going to get messed up in the ordinary course of mailing. That means a sandwhich, a box, whatever, not just flapping around in an envelope. I'm not talking tank-proof, if the postman wants to run the package over with the truck, there's not much you can do.

The seller isn't obligated to follow some zany packing instructions, sure (yes, I've received schematics on how to make a box as well...), but they are obligated to do the above.

I say how I pack in my auction description. After I started doing that I got fewer redundant requests about how to pack.

^ good post BLOB! ^

I suggest that buyers review the seller's shipping parameters, and if unsatisfied DO NOT BID. It is a no brainer for us here on this inbred forum to pack comics decently, and in recent years even other seasoned dealers have upped their protocol on shipping, since we have the USPS nazi's (that is privatley owned not gov't it just has a fancy name) seeming to be bent on destroying out tasties. And the advent of grading services, etc. A lot of supposed 9.8 's got to CGC and were graded 8.0 because of crappy shipping from the submitter.

If I am selling something and describe how I ship it to you, and you ask me to do whatever else, I won't deviate. That's why I ask people to email with questions BEFORE BIDDING. It does help that I literally wrote the book on shipping, but really people..... AND I can put a comic in my girlfriends mouth (which I have done) and it will still come out a VG if nothing is missing. You can mail it anyway you want, it's still a vg. High Grade stuff I buy from the professionals who are upfront about their shipping. AND remember ,if it is graded it won't bend a s easy to stuff into your mailbox..

PS you might refrain from posting photos of loved ones on this public forum. Less stalkers , I'm just saying

I bought three marvel 70s romance comics on ebay. Everytime i do this from sellers i dont buy from on the regular...i ask them to pack the comics between two pieces on heavy cardboard for shiping. having bought for years off ebay and seen how seller pack some comics i figure its a good way to head off a problem. I got the three comics yesterday....the priority mail envelope he sent it in...with no heavy cardboard in it...was folded in half and jammed in my mailbox where it sat all day. That is a comic fans worst nightmare!!!! SO....do i find the guys address....make my way to his home and take my bitter revenge? neg him? then take negs back? the sad part is....i dont want to return the books because i could not find these comics for years!!!! Sellers who dont follow simple intructions sould be hung!!!! sign-rantpost.gif

I had a Hulk #3 arrive like that...

Artboy99