• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAILS GAME

2,819 posts in this topic

grrr, that was my first guess, but the fact there was silver in the picture and superman is red and blue made me change. Now I did see a silver KC superman but it already comes with autograph so I figured why get it signed twice. Next time I won't figure foreheadslap.gif

Great game

Thanks a ton Grails for giving me a reason to put off the housework I should have done last night. Big congrats to pkveronese for guessing that thing!

-Bob

Gents, my departure has been delayed a bit but I will be back in Baghdad by the end of the month. So that means, time for another game!

Here's the premise. Who has the oldest Signature Series books? Three winners, one for each of the top grades, 9.8, 9.9 and 10. Going off the pub date from the CGC label of course. Don't post your entry without a scan or photo. I want to see some great books. Sunday night, I'll go through the thread and announce the three winners who own the oldest books. Keep in mind, you can post a Signature Series 10 that came out last year and if no one gets under, you win.

Now, for the prizes. Lets do something different this time. Why get stuck with a book you may not want? I will list 25 CGC 9.8 books from my collection that the three winners may choose from. The 9.8 winner has first dibs followed by the 9.9 then 10. I chose that order since there will obviously be some competition in the 9.8 slot. So post your entries, as many as you want. You can post an entry in all three grades. Winners named Sunday night at 7PM Pacific and prizes will go out Monday morning. I'll post the prizes here shortly. Good luck.

Okay, the owners of the oldest signature books get their choice of one from the following list. All the books are CGC graded 9.8 with white pages.

Batman 404

Batman 405

Batman 406

Batman 407

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 1

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 2

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 3

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns 4

Marvels 0

Marvels 1

Marvels 2

Marvels 3

Marvels 4

Justice 1 Heroes

Justice 1 Villains

Justice 2

Justice 3

Justice 4

Justice 5

Justice 6

Iron Man Annual 5

Iron Man Annual 15

300 1

And I'll add a few more later.

Thanks MK, glad there's something in there you like. So far you're winning with a great book from the fine year of 1987. The year I graduated HS!

Very very nice! Are you planning on cracking that one day for Millers sig?

Prior to getting Cockrum to sign it, I had submitted the book 3 different times for an interior Miller sig. No luck. No intention of cracking this one.

BTW- Can we submit more than 1 book of the same grade for this contest?

Sure but you can only win one book with your oldest entry. I'll add this in: If you have two separate books with the same month and year and end up winning, then you can choose two prizes.