• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Value Stamp 100

176 posts in this topic

All right!!! cloud9.gif Let's here it for Greggy! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif A big time assist to Joe C. on this one too. Amazing what can be accomplished when collectors pool there knowledge and assets.

Only that pesky Conan to go. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I hope Sckao can find it this by this weekend... Rob will be shocked when he sees that all MVS art has been found along with their respective scans. Thanks again.

At last! It's the Conan #32 splash page!

322106-conan32splash.jpg

322106-conan32splash.jpg.8c197e821ed06481623df0c4c0229187.jpg

All right!!! cloud9.gif Let's here it for Greggy! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif A big time assist to Joe C. on this one too. Amazing what can be accomplished when collectors pool there knowledge and assets.

Only that pesky Conan to go. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I hope Sckao can find it this by this weekend... Rob will be shocked when he sees that all MVS art has been found along with their respective scans. Thanks again.

At last! It's the Conan #32 splash page!

322106-conan32splash.jpg

Great job!

Metarog -- you are so right! I'm freaking!! I'm so glad I peeked in while on vacation! cloud9.gif

Now I have some updating to look forward to as well...great job, everyone!! thumbsup2.gif

And since joe_collector said ya'll need a "new challenge" (ha) -- I'll dare to mention that there are a couple stamps where I'm pretty sure the original source hasn't been identified. Sorry -- the way that Covers page is currently laid out makes it hard to tell. The two I'm most dissatisfied with are:

Hercules (not the original source)

Dr Strange (not a match)

If anyone is still looking for a challenge, those two should be tough! I'm thinking Ditko Strange Tales for Dr. Strange, but a couple folks haven't spotted them in looking (could have missed them). And numerous people have been searching high and low for that Hercules with no luck. The current theory is that it appeared in a Marvelmania magazine originally (since it popped up on those Marvelmania stickers...but all those stickers appeared elsewhere first, I think.)

Anyway, thanks again!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I know you list John Buscema on the website, but to me that looks like a Heck Herc.

I'm also getting a residual memory of Avengers 39-45, with those two Dragon Man issues being the most likely.

From a purely analytical perspective, his boots and non-helmet gives it a pretty small window and those Avengers issues fit right in.

Guess I should post the stamps right here. (Sorry, folks, I'm clearly still a newbie at this):

13.jpg

Looks like Severin art.....

The art is not in Strange Tales #145-151, 153, 155, 156, 167, 168 and Dr Strange #171 and 173.

Jim

Guess I should post the stamps right here. (Sorry, folks, I'm clearly still a newbie at this):

13.jpg

The art is not in Strange Tales #145-151, 153, 155, 156, 167, 168 and Dr Strange #171 and 173.

Jim

Doesn't seem to be in Strange Tales #169, Dr. Strange 170, 172, or 175 either. (I don't have #174.) Those later ones are Gene Colan issues in any case. A totally different art style.

13.jpg

Jim

Doesn't seem to be in Strange Tales #169, Dr. Strange 170, 172, or 175 either. (I don't have #174.) Those later ones are Gene Colan issues in any case. A totally different art style.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm willing to bet the art is in ST #157-166....

Jim

Alright a new challenge already!

Severin did the art in Strange Tales 153-160.

I also agree with Joe C. on Hercules.... that really looks like Heck. Those Avengers were reprinted in MaRVEL Triple Action 30-37 BTW.

Good luck

OK, I think I finally caught up again. For anyone who'd like to see the pages, here's some direct links:

Silver Surfer Series B Puzzle

Amazing Spidey Annual (Kraven)

Amazing Spidey Annual (Electro)

Super-Skrull (from Thor)

Conan (found at last!)

Puppet Master (FF pin-up)

Zemo (Tales of Suspense)

Hulk promo stamp (check out excerpt from interview below pics)

Whew! No wonder it took me so long to catch up!

FWIW, I also updated the current Dr. Strange and Hercules pages to reflect that the art is likely by John Severin and Don Heck, respectively. Those are the last two out there...here they are again if anyone wants to take another crack.

13.jpg90.jpg

Thanks!!!

I found a Dr. Strange t-shirt with the MVS on it. Could it be that the art was done for the t-shirt exclusively. Just a thought. Here is the pic-

stranget-shirt.gif

Is that a licsensed shirt? Can't see any of the print that most always accompanies lisc. products and shirt looks real white for being 25 years old. Is it possible someone used a computer to copy the stamp onto a shirt?

nice find either way thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to the info provided way back when at the beginning of this thread, I am now 4 stamps away from a complete set, having picked up POS copies to cut up.Had no idea what a monster I was creating when I started this thread.Over ten pages and not a single meltdown.Lot of passion and interest in these little suckers. Maybe Marvel should do it again! 893applaud-thumb.gif