• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do We Need Cheesecake Photos in Signatures?

165 posts in this topic

I turned off sigs a couple months ago and this board is about 10 times easier to read without them. I do not miss all the *spoon*.

thumbsup2.gif Turned off avatars too. Did it about 2 years ago and have never looked back. They just cluttered the threads up too much.

Anyways, what is the big thrill about seeing some half-naked chick on these boards? If this was the 1950s and all we had were some issues of National Geographic, or our Dads' or older brothers' Playboys, okay, I could understand. But in this day and age it's not like it's hard to find scantily clad women on the Internet. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, the correct answer to the issue at hand is Firefox, combined with Adblock.

Problem solved.

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I block all image sigs with no exception. yay.gif

Even your own, dork? poke2.gif

So after all the dessert talk, it's time for some old-school S & M. tongue.gif

headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

See, that's why I love the Brits. No beating around the bush BS. Right to the (correct) point!

We aren't ones for small talk, don't you know. grin.gif

Hey there Chris! hi.gif

Personally I would like to see all pics in sigs go (with the possible exception of the registry graphics).

Sigs are tremendously useful in relaying some extra information (such as wantlists or web addresses) with every post without repeating yourself. They are also good for relaying a thought-provoking quote (like the one drice6900 has in his).

But I really don't see the point in having pics of babes in a signature. There is a "babe test" thread for those who are interested in that. And other random pics just clutter the page...

Hearing that soooo many people have turned sigs off kind of depresses me a bit, since you have a number of collectors here who are desperately looking for one random book or another, and the people who have turned sigs off because of the overload of images (cheesecake or otherwise) means that the chances odds gone down for those collectors getting hooked up.

Hearing that soooo many people have turned sigs off kind of depresses me a bit, since you have a number of collectors here who are desperately looking for one random book or another, and the people who have turned sigs off because of the overload of images (cheesecake or otherwise) means that the chances odds gone down for those collectors getting hooked up.

I agree. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe I'll manually put my entire sig into every post I make. devil.gif

What's all this talk of cheesecake anyway? I'm more of a creme brulee guy myself.

Creme-Brulee-200b.jpg

Yeah but Flan is better, especially the Queso version.

Eeeew, I hate flan. Just horrible stuff. That's one thing Mexicans never got right, desserts or drinks. Horchata is horrible too.

Ditto.

Maybe I'll change my username to ActionWarCoversWanted and I'll get better results than my sig line wantlist.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sig lines suck, so do avatars of anything other than a current picture of ones self. As we hide behind our keyboards, saying things we would not in person these images further distance us from the truth.... Why? Because nobody cares about your stupid pet, your not "Thanos, Spider-man or the Silver surfer and I don't belive a thing you say until I meet you... See ya at the fourm dinner. lol

27_laughing.gif Says the guy without an avatar of himself.

oh and see you at the forum dinner. hi.gif

And no name in his profile.

yeahok.gif

What's all this talk of cheesecake anyway? I'm more of a creme brulee guy myself.

Creme-Brulee-200b.jpg

Flan could easily be the worst kind of dessert I have ever had. blush.gif

Creme-Brulee-200b.jpg

Hey bud, where you been?

hi.gif

Creme-Brulee-200b.jpg

Eeeew, I hate flan. Just horrible stuff. That's one thing Mexicans never got right, desserts or drinks. Horchata is horrible too.

Them my friend, is fightin words!!!! Horchata is excellent, problem is the mix sucks and you need to find someone to make Flan(or Horchata for that matter) for you that knows how to do it. To all of you Flan detractors, good Flan is more like cheesecase and less like eggy custard. This is due to the fact that you need to use a cream mixture vs evaporated milk and work with it very carefully. I suggest you keep your minds open just in case you find a place that does do it right!!

Creme-Brulee-200b.jpg

Them my friend, is fightin words!!!! Horchata is excellent, problem is the mix sucks and you need to find someone to make Flan(or Horchata for that matter) for you that knows how to do it. To all of you Flan detractors, good Flan is more like cheesecase and less like eggy custard. This is due to the fact that you need to use a cream mixture vs evaporated milk and work with it very carefully. I suggest you keep your minds open just in case you find a place that does do it right!!

My wife is from Colombia and she makes Flan from scratch and there never seems to be any leftover, no matter how much she makes. I do agree it has to be made correctly, if not it has a weird texture to it and it could be to sweet/not sweet enough.

Creme-Brulee-200b.jpg

My wife is from Colombia and she makes Flan from scratch and there never seems to be any leftover, no matter how much she makes. I do agree it has to be made correctly, if not it has a weird texture to it and it could be to sweet/not sweet enough.

I agree thumbsup2.gif

My mom makes flan and its perfect... can't be too soft or too sweet, and the caramel has to be thick.