• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay related - Incredible Hulk # 181 ACE (CGC) 9.0 VF NM

39 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Incredible-Hulk-181-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The description starts off with the text....

You are bidding on The Incredible Hulk #181 original in VF+/NM as graded by CGC's signature company ACE which places individual item codes on the back of the frame.

Buh? WTF.gif

Did I miss something? CGC's signature company ACE??????

I saw some of these in person a few years back. they are really bad the grading isn't bad but it isn't good either. the slab can be taken apart with no evidence of tampering. There only advantage is a slightly lower cost. CGC has nothing to do with this company.

ACE is one man and his store front. They make PGX look like General Motors. He's graded all his own books...obviously fairly and objectively. yeahok.gif
I wish more dealers did this.

interesting, but i'm at the point where if i actually did start to use another grading company, i think my cgc slabs would attack the outsider.

my pgx slab is lonely, and i intend to keep it that way. smile.gif

interesting, but i'm at the point where if i actually did start to use another grading company, i think my cgc slabs would attack the outsider.

my pgx slab is lonely, and i intend to keep it that way. smile.gif

ACE isn't a grading company. It's a dealer who grades his books, labels them, and puts them in a case.

[]ACE isn't a grading company. It's a dealer who grades his books, labels them, and puts them in a case.

then what's the website offering grading services?

[]ACE isn't a grading company. It's a dealer who grades his books, labels them, and puts them in a case.

then what's the website offering grading services?

That's the dealer. One guy.