• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Various Spider-Man series

17 posts in this topic

How important of a series was Web of Spider-Man? Especially considering the various Spidey titles that have come and gone.

Can we rate the Spidey titles in terms of importance, longevity or popularity?

I guess the top few would be:

Amazing Spider-Man

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

How important of a series was Web of Spider-Man? Especially considering the various Spidey titles that have come and gone.

Amazing Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

I would put Ultimate as #2. What would be interesting is listing all the others that have come and gone:

Marvel Team-up

Sensational

Marvel Knights

It's a pretty long list. I gave up a long time ago trying to keep up with continuity...

Amazing Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Historically, I would put Marvel Team-Up right above Web (which Web replaced) and go with your list.

I was just looking thru my Webs last night- there's a lot of good stories and important continuity in there. I really enjoy that series.

1)Amazing

2)Marvel Tales

3)Spectacular

4)Web

5)Team-up

6)Spidey Super Stories

****** please note I'm an old-schooler

I guess you're thinking "value" over "content" to put the reprint MT above the other runs?

Good eye adding the SSS.

1)Amazing

2)Marvel Tales

3)Spectacular

4)Web

5)Team-up

6)Spidey Super Stories

****** please note I'm an old-schooler

I guess you're thinking "value" over "content" to put the reprint MT above the other runs?

Good eye adding the SSS.

That's my order of fondness. confused-smiley-013.gif

I seriously like those older Marvel Tales. Probably because of my childhood and being exposed to these great reprints while the current Amazing Spiderman was trucking along.

The other titles are good..... but I keep re-reading ASM/MT

And value didn't play into my list. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I was surprised to see you put Web before MTU, too.

I see your point about the early issues of MT. Some of my fondest memories (before I really understood the differences between series), was picking up MT reprints and being amazed I could read "old" stories for cover price!

Next to ASM, Web of Spider-Man's my personal favorite. It had fun stories, especially early in its run.

I agree. thumbsup2.gif

It was a fun run. Lots of experimentation (in the first 60-100 issues). Being the third run, it could afford to take more chances than Amazing and Spec.