• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you seen these board members?

115 posts in this topic

DiceX had some serious personal things come up and he's checked out completely for the most part.
893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I wish him luck.

I do too.

Yea, a good guy. I hope everything works out for the best.

What, no Joanna or DAM60? Is it okay yet to admit that Major Khaos is still with us or are we still on 'the down low' regarding shill accounts?

blush.gif

I figured Joanna's status was well-enough known... confused-smiley-013.gif

And Dave wasn't in the first four pages of post count... There are actually several other MIA board members, but I was just listing the ones who clearly used to have no life and either:

a) now have a life

or

b) still have no life but their no life is not here...

confused-smiley-013.gif

Anybody with 5000 posts here has no life... foreheadslap.gif

Greggy, JC, and Bugaboo (with well over 100,000 posts between their various id's) have combined to not only have no life, they have sucked the life from 17 other would-be posters by their sheer gravity... sumo.gif

If the qualifying level for having no life is 5,000 posts on this Forum, then that means that there's a rather large amount of no-life lifers here who have no means of escape.

Including me. Damn, I knew something was wrong. tonofbricks.gif

What tipped you off? Was it the red pants? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah. My first inkling was when I noticed that I was spending even more time here than ebay.

Anyway, you've got more posts than me, Chris - so you tell me!!! wink.gif

Nah. My first inkling was when I noticed that I was spending even more time here than ebay.

I've got 19 months on you. gossip.gif

All right, you've got more of a no-life than me. poke2.gif

I knew that was coming. tongue.gif

I would do a posts/day breakdown, but I really don't even care anymore.

I knew that was coming. tongue.gif

I would do a posts/day breakdown, but I really don't even care anymore.

You've seen the light!!! cool.gif

The next step is to sell all your comics. To me. For a pittance.

Only then will you be set free.... tongue.gif

Anyway this is all getting a bit negative. I'm going back to the "Latest Scandal" thread. It's only on page 99, which means there's probably another 60 pages left. I hear there's an interesting discussion about pressing going on there.

Now sure, a lot less flaming and hating going on and that's a good thing, but still, the place just seems slower

I've noticed this also. The Boards have generally been dull for the last couple months and the number of posts in the areas I frequent are down...and down substantially in some cases. Just the other night in an 8 hour timespan (overnight) there were just 15 new posts in General. I haven't seen that few in years...

The only area that seemed unaffected, and frankly the upward trend seems to be reversing as well, is the Selling Forum...

Jim

BORING!!! 893whatthe.gif ok I'll get drunk more and make it more interesting.

Anyway this is all getting a bit negative. I'm going back to the "Latest Scandal" thread. It's only on page 99, which means there's probably another 60 pages left. I hear there's an interesting discussion about pressing going on there.

someone's been lying to you, m'lud

DiceX had some serious personal things come up and he's checked out completely for the most part.
893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I wish him luck.

I do too.

Yea, a good guy. I hope everything works out for the best.

I agree. His posting on production defects was outstanding.

If anyone could design a grading system that a computer could use to grade books, it's Mr Rudd...

I'm pretty sure I could, it would just take a few years. Apparently, I lack that kind of discipline. sorry.gif Ah well, it's a hobby, ya know, not Nasa...that's why the standard is as loose at it is, nobody has mustered the gumption to spend all those free hours, days, weeks, months, and years attempting to define the standards with a more repeatable precision.

I exited around the same time Major Khaos did. His posting style is a delightfully marshmallowy and sickly-sweet kind of a treat. It's always fun debating someone so full of vim and vigor and so dedicated to verbal guile yet not held back by such messy and unreasonable constraints as logic, reason, or actually making any sense whatsoever. cloud9.gif

Actually, I have a very addictive personality, and I just replaced the addiction of comics with another one. I'm sure I'll get tired of that eventually and get back into talkin a bunch about comics again.

Didn't JC get a new job or something and was doing a short term departure

Personally, I think he was a Social Sciences student doing his master's thesis on the effect of acting like a total a-hole on an internet message board, and since he had completed his fieldwork by being a total and complete a-hole for the last few years on these boards, he was now ready to write his thesis. So there was no longer any reason for him to hang out on the boards. confused-smiley-013.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I exited around the same time Major Khaos did. His posting style is a delightfully marshmallowy and sickly-sweet kind of a treat. It's always fun debating someone so full of vim and vigor and so dedicated to verbal guile yet not held back by such messy and unreasonable constraints as logic, reason, or actually making any sense whatsoever. cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif