• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion of Super Heroes...silver age to present!

323 posts in this topic

Steelcity; you're Adventure collection is very impressive!!!!

How did you find such incredible books!!!!

I'm pleased you are enjoying some of my scans, otherwise I'm just posting to myself. I have been collecting a long time and nice books do turn up.

Steelcity; you're Adventure collection is very impressive!!!!

How did you find such incredible books!!!!

I'm pleased you are enjoying some of my scans, otherwise I'm just posting to myself. I have been collecting a long time and nice books do turn up.

Oh, your not posting to yourself...trust me :cloud9:

I have all the LSH's from Adventure #247 up through the end of the Keith Giffen run, plus all the Silver Age crossover books. I don't have them all scanned, but here's the #247. Nothing fancy, but I was delighted to get it at a convention many years ago. It was a tough book to find then, I don't know if that's still true.

Adventure247.jpg

I have all the LSH's from Adventure #247 up through the end of the Keith Giffen run, plus all the Silver Age crossover books. I don't have them all scanned, but here's the #247. Nothing fancy, but I was delighted to get it at a convention many years ago. It was a tough book to find then, I don't know if that's still true.

Adventure247.jpg

Still true, though easier now than years ago. Price increases tend to bring out the copies for sale!

boy, my last post somehow closed this thread down..

here's the Legions next appearance in Adventure since Supergirl took over and started her craptacular run in 381:

adv403.jpg

all reprint issue of some cool earlier stories

Here is something interesting. Back about 1989 or 1990 I started buying books from the original owner of what became later known as the Monterey Collection. Here is a Best of DC digest 24 with a new Legion story in the original packaging that he (Steve) used for all the books he was selling. While CGC never recognozed the collection as a pedigree, most consider the books of the same caliber as the Oakland and other nice bronze collections.

bodc24.jpg

I kind of feel the same way. I've become reluctant to post anything because it seems like every time I do, the thread dies for a few weeks.

I kind of feel the same way. I've become reluctant to post anything because it seems like every time I do, the thread dies for a few weeks.

:baiting::foryou:

OMG Silver, I just checked this thread for the first time in a while. I really hope I can put together as nice a run in my collection. :cloud9:(worship)

You really need to upgrade a few of those and sell some more of your undercopies to board members. :grin:

OMG Silver, I just checked this thread for the first time in a while. I really hope I can put together as nice a run in my collection. :cloud9:(worship)

You really need to upgrade a few of those and sell some more of your undercopies to board members. :grin:

Find me a 311 and 312 in 9.2 OW/W or better :devil:

Find me a 311 and 312 in 9.2 OW/W or better :devil:

Wow, my bid of $1675 (including BP) for the Toth 9.4 copy of #312 on Heritage right now is not going to be enough to win the book! :pullhair: I thought I would be able to win it with room to spare.

Early HG Adventures have jumped exponentially in the last year or so. :(