• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you saving your hard earned dollars/euros/pounds for????

24 posts in this topic

::sigh::

Comic wise

Oh well, i guess i didn't make it clear

confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh... I didn't make it clear either, then...

I'm not. I WANT A HOUSE! wink.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Comicwise:

Gaines File copies of Crime Suspenstories. Perez Fantastic Four art. Would LOVE to get some covers. Anything I can flip.

Stuffwise:

A new bathroom. Mrs. Donut wants to luxuriate in a spa bath.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'm trying to get a run of JIM's in 9.0 or better,Once and if I ever complete it or hit some wall which I most likey will,I'll work on the Hulks 1-6 and maybe some other stuff after than early X-men's,FF's ect..basically books pre 63 in 9.0+

And i gotta tell you, i am not a fan of Alex Ross's stuff.....stupid money for an artist still working.....now, if it was John Romita ,Sr. or Jack Kirby or Frank Miller's Daredevil/Dark Knight , than I could see spending that kind of money......

And i gotta tell you, i am not a fan of Alex Ross's stuff.....stupid money for an artist still working

I'm not a big AR fan either, but I just checked out the website and some of those pencilled pages are gorgeous (the ones that depict a scene, as opposed to those that look like he's practicing drawing or developing a character). The paintings, to me, are wildly overpriced. Maybe that's where the market is, but I can think of much better ways to spend that kind of money. For example, I found out today that legendary fantasy artist Boris Vallejo sells most of his paintings for between $5,000 and $12,000...would much rather own an original Boris than an Alex Ross. I'd also rather own a nice Enrich Vampirella cover painting (which is what I'm saving up for myself) than a typical Ross painting (they're about equivalent in price), but that's just me.

Gene

VF or better Little Lulus - any from the '40s thru mid-'50s.

Completing run of WDC&S 31 - 350 (only 100 or so more to go!)

Completing run of Uncle Scrooge 1 - 100

Filling holes in Daredevil, Conan and TTA runs