• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #13 CGC 4.0 gets binned on eBay...

29 posts in this topic

Yes, I believe it was Primetime's book. I think it's a great book indeed. However, 6k with that printing error??? To much of a distraction for me for such a premium price. But, given the difficulty of #13, if I was searching for one specifically, I'd likely snatch it up even with the printing error. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Stars-and-Stripes' Action Comics #13 CGC 4.0 sold for 6K on eBay in less than 12 hours. Wasn't this the copy purchased from Harley within the last month or two? Nice copy of a very cool book...

Action #13

gossip.gifLink

Keeps taking me to the last page of the thread, but it was discussed there.

Stars-and-Stripes' Action Comics #13 CGC 4.0 sold for 6K on eBay in less than 12 hours. Wasn't this the copy purchased from Harley within the last month or two? Nice copy of a very cool book...

Action #13

Jeff...yes, I bought the book from Harley after he completed the trade with Primetime. Buyer is estatic and says the book is worth every penny... thumbsup2.gif

Dino

Action #13 was difficult to let go (even for that price!) but rest assured I only sell books when I have an opportunity to acquire a bigger book or several that to me are more desirable collectively.

I hope to parlay the Action #13 sale into 4 targeted books....which I'll post here as I acquire them over the next 7 days.

The first (and cheapest) book closed last night: Sub-mariner 10 CGC 6.0 from Mastro Auctions...fits nicely with my Subby #8 and #9 cloud9.gif

467021201_899b36a99e_o.jpg

GE

Action #13 was difficult to let go (even for that price!) but rest assured I only sell books when I have an opportunity to acquire a bigger book or several that to me are more desirable collectively.

I hope to parlay the Action #13 sale into 4 targeted books....which I'll post here as I acquire them over the next 7 days.

The first (and cheapest) book closed last night: Sub-mariner 10 CGC 6.0 from Mastro Auctions...fits nicely with my Subby #8 and #9 cloud9.gif

467021201_899b36a99e_o.jpg

GE

Nicely done!

West

Action #13

Jeff...yes, I bought the book from Harley after he completed the trade with Primetime. Buyer is estatic and says the book is worth every penny... thumbsup2.gif

Dino

Can't blame him, for me the printing error doesn't diminsh this book one bit and its a very nice looking 4.0. I'm sure he could flip it for an addiitonal $1,000 right now if he wanted to. The market couldn't be better for rare beauties like this, GE what potential big purchase is on your radar? popcorn.gif

Can't blame him, for me the printing error doesn't diminsh this book one bit and its a very nice looking 4.0. I'm sure he could flip it for an addiitonal $1,000 right now if he wanted to. The market couldn't be better for rare beauties like this, GE what potential big purchase is on your radar? popcorn.gif

Surfer,

I've decided to pick-up FOUR books with the proceeds. Here's what I've purchased so far...

#1 Sub-mariner 10 CGC 6.0 (shown above)

#2 Captain America #27 CGC 7.0 NEW ARRIVAL!!! Awesome Cap cover!!! headbang.gif

472992057_04a6824239_b.jpg

#3-4 ???

I'm estatic with my replacements so far...still only 50% done! Now I know how my wife feels when she goes shopping for "spring essentials"! insane.gif

GE

Damn. Given the choice between the Action or the two books you have already picked up, I would choose the Timelys....never mind the cash you have left to spend! Good decision in my opinion. hail.gif

Action #13

Dino

likewise; this former coin collector loves the error.

Should a printing error be considered a qualified defect and therefore be in a green label holder? I'm not sure about this and would like to hear other's thoughts as to what various types of defects end up putting a book in a Green Label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Should a printing error be considered a qualified defect and therefore be in a green label holder? I'm not sure about this and would like to hear other's thoughts as to what various types of defects end up putting a book in a Green Label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i believe it should not. cgc is not consistent in their treatment of them. those cap 1's without red are in blue holders, as is this action. however, one of my favortite books, my cap 34 [ohio] is WAY off register, and came back green [not at my request]. i've got a picture of it and am going to go look for it; i'll scan it in if i get it. i love it, but my fellow geeks don't and neither will bunches of you. be kind to it tho, as it is close to my heart.

i believe it should not. cgc is not consistent in their treatment of them. those cap 1's without red are in blue holders, as is this action. however, one of my favortite books, my cap 34 [ohio] is WAY off register, and came back green [not at my request]. i've got a picture of it and am going to go look for it; i'll scan it in if i get it. i love it, but my fellow geeks don't and neither will bunches of you. be kind to it tho, as it is close to my heart.

here it is.

cap34.jpg

That has to be just about the worst registration I can recall seeing! 893whatthe.gif

In a strange way, I kinda like it. blush.gif It actually looks like a magazine illustration where the image was purposely distorted.

That has to be just about the worst registration I can recall seeing! 893whatthe.gif

In a strange way, I kinda like it. blush.gif It actually looks like a magazine illustration where the image was purposely distorted.

quite respectful of my little darlin'--thanks adam.

quite respectful of my little darlin'--thanks adam.

Wow, thanks for posting that. I can't recall off-hand the story behind the Ohio collection, but I find myself asking: Who in their right if not out of desperation would buy this copy off the newsstands? I would rather pass than buy it or, even then, they were strangely attracted to the "novelty" of the psychedelic experiment going on at Timely tongue.gif or, really, that newsdealer should try and get more than one copy of the book in!