• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #13 CGC 4.0 gets binned on eBay...

29 posts in this topic

Should a printing error be considered a qualified defect and therefore be in a green label holder? I'm not sure about this and would like to hear other's thoughts as to what various types of defects end up putting a book in a Green Label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i believe it should not. cgc is not consistent in their treatment of them. those cap 1's without red are in blue holders, as is this action. however, one of my favortite books, my cap 34 [ohio] is WAY off register, and came back green [not at my request]. i've got a picture of it and am going to go look for it; i'll scan it in if i get it. i love it, but my fellow geeks don't and neither will bunches of you. be kind to it tho, as it is close to my heart.

here it is.

cap34.jpg

Interesting and defintely one-of-a-kind, Mr. Parker...I like how the b/w Nazi flag is the only clear image-- seems to anchor the whole visual. The style reminds me of Leroy Nieman art:

475388202_d45325be2c.jpg

Dino

cap34.jpg

I actually think this cover looks pretty cool. The registration is so far off it almost looks like this was the way it's suppose to look in a sort of spooky ghost like sort of way. cool.gif

cap34.jpg

I actually think this cover looks pretty cool. The registration is so far off it almost looks like this was the way it's suppose to look in a sort of spooky ghost like sort of way. cool.gif

thank diz--it is truly among my top 5 faves in my run, because of the error. altho' i'm getting some love for it on the forum, i think the majority are feeling nauseous about it and are just too well-mannered to be mean--either that or they're still at the porcelain altar.

I've decided to pick-up FOUR books with the Action #13 proceeds. Here's what I've purchased so far...

#1 Sub-mariner 10 CGC 6.0 (shown above)

#2 Captain America #27 CGC 7.0 (shown above)

#3 Kid Komics #2 VF Wah-hoo!! headbang.gif Everyone knows I've been hunting after this book for the past year... I can finally stop drooling over MrBedrock's 9.0!

478451650_2002d5c8f0_b.jpg

#4 (I'm locked and loaded on one more book... TBD)

GE

#4 (I'm locked and loaded on one more book... TBD)

GE

#1 Sub-mariner 10 CGC 6.0

#2 Captain America #27 CGC 7.0

#3 Kid Komics #2 VF

#4 Startling Comics #49 CGC 4.5

479221387_8e37c178d4.jpg

#5 World's Finest #8 CGC 8.5 Big APple copy (thanks Nearmint!)

476645053_864254cade.jpg

..and with 500 bucks remaining, I bought this from Vtcomics (thanks Phil!):

469978254_91757581f5.jpg

OK. Finally done. So, I ended up buying 6 comics with the Action #13 proceeds. And I'm very, very pleased with the trade! grin.gifgrin.gif

GE

Nifty selections, GE! 893applaud-thumb.gif