• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check Out Who Won This ASM # 14 Auction

105 posts in this topic

What this guy does not seem to realize its all it takes is a little research into past comics sold with their scans and then checking them out after being sold to see if they ave been doctored.

There was a classic thread earlier this year with scans of a book comic_keys purchased for $965 (Avengers 1 CGC 7.0 - scans of the book before encapsulation were provided in the auction listing), and scans of a book comic_keys sold three months later for $4,000 (Avengers 1, Unrestored raw 9.2 NM-). Here's what part of the book(s) looked like (comic_keys 9.2 on the left, CGC 7.0 on the right):

av1_thor.jpg

Full size images of the 2 books can be found here (CGC 7.0), and here (comic_keys NM-).

Wow, I never saw that thread before. While I have mostly stayed out of this, those comics appear to be the same in both scans. I am pretty good with Photoshop and there are too many points of unique reference which match up between the comics, especially if you blow up the image and invert the colors. However, I'll keep to myself on the the rest of this thread.

Downloading and blowing up the images yield interesting results! And no, I'm not trimmer-n-more...

It's "fishy" because I said "jailed". I'm repeating what was said in the report above that came from a newspaper!! It said 90 days. Wouldn't you think that meant 90 days in jail or do you suppose that meant 90 days in Atlantic City??

The reasoning behind your thinking I'm Dupcheck is stunning!! I repeat what I read above what I posted and you say, "D'uh, he MUST be Dupcheck...he said jailed. Why would he say that unless he was Dupcheck".

Nice going, Kojak!! makepoint.gif

And let's get something straight here right now. I never said that this Dupcheck didn't do what he did or condone it. I never defended him or Fantazia. But I will defend someone getting their teeth knocked out by a 50 man "panel of experts on the life of Comic-Keys". Especially that there isn't a shred of concrete evidence that I've read on here to support his being Dupcheck, beside the usual, "it's gotta' be him".

I'd defend anyone on here under the gun without necessary substantiation of identity. Well, maybe everyone except Banner. Him, I might let burn a few extra moments before extinguighing the flames.

Then, everyone wants to know, "if he was honest..why are his auctions and feedback private", as if this alone is proof of guilt or his being Fantazia!!

There's a member here that received over 20 Private messages, talking him out of doing business with ComicKeys on an auction he just won (Spiderman 40 NM-). The winner didn't even see the book, let alone submit it to CGC!! (Yes, the usual suspects: Supa, Bonds, Bronty, Doc, Aman, Banner, etc.).

Do you actually think that he'd be stupid enough to expose his bidders and winners to meddlers that will try their best to negate sales on all his auctions based on hysteria alone and not even on the results of submission to CGC once the book is actually received?

Excuses like, "he won a Spiderman 14 in CGC VF+ and is cracking it out and selling it as NM- or restoring it", and "he won a restored Showcase and is selling it as unrestored". Did he do that or is it just a whole line of suppositions?

That's what I defend. A bunch of tamperers taking 2% fact and 98% speculation of the worst case scenarios possible that DIDN'T happen and trying to spin it to 98% fact and 2% guessing plus filling in blanks with their own interpretations along the way for dramatic effect!

Well, maybe everyone except Banner. Him, I might let burn a few extra moments before extinguighing the flames.

Thanks hammer! I figured you would like the before/after pictures of the now-restored Avengers 1... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

If it's been said that Comic-Keys "digitally manipulated the whites" in the Spiderman 40 image, how difficult would it be for an enterprising individual to digitally manipulate individual pixels on their photo-shop software to give the impression of a faint crease so they can further their argument? Or are you saying that Comic-Keys has this one unique, singular ability unshared by anyone in the universe?

Betcha' I can take an image of ANY comic and put a crease of any magnitude, anywhere you'd like on the cover that you would never know that the crease really didn't exist in real life on the book.

By the way, clearly, the image on the right has been digitally manipulated as pixilation has occurred. This is obvious to a trained eye as there are numerous signs pointing to that. What say'eth thou Pov?

You're addressing me? If so:

.... whoever presented them initially is a 893censored-thumb.gif liar and I'd tell him that with my index finger pressed right in the middle of his forehead. The image of the 7.0 has been doctored, Doctor.

Of course you'll counter that "no one on here would stoop so low", and I'd have to tell you that there are plenty of stoops on here with faulty thought processes.

Huh? Which valid points are those hammer? Wasn't sure there were any!. confused-smiley-013.gif

I do notice that you get pretty post-hyper-active when someone cuts close to the truth - responding to yourself with weak attempts at damage control, double/triple responses to other's posts, physically threatening language, descriptions of medieval torture devices, etc.,. And you say you're not hammer? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Oh, and it's been firmly established by several forum members that comic_keys sells restored books emphatically advertised as unrestored. Word on the street is that CGC gets calls all the time when the scammed get their PLODs back, and when the question comes up as to where the books came from - well, you know the answer. And I'm sure you remember the early silver age, black-covered Marvel I bought from comic_keys? Stay tuned to see what CGC thinks of that one... blush.gif

Actually, I would know nothing about a black covered book that you bought from anyone. Couldn't care less about you, your black covered books, or your black colored teeth.

What I asked is if you had any concrete evidence, not beliefs, that Fantazia is Comic-Keys. But you dodged that question (remember that word? Dodged? Like I "dodged" taking time out to scan Marvel 1s for folks that wish me dead for being a voice of reason in noting the absence of proof positive?)

Let me guess, is the black covered book as much a set-up (not really obtained from Comic-Keys) as the FF48 with the date on the front cover and TTAst. 8 that Supa attested (as if someone with no testes can "attest" to anything) to having bought from Comic-Keys? Does it have writing on the cover as well? AT this point, you'd stoop to anything to prove yourself right. Your hatred of Keys, only surpassed by your self-loathing, compels you to do so, as it did Supa.

You get desperate, you make mistakes. Supa didn't realize that "Keys" never stocked a TTast. below #27, or an FF48 with a written, inked date on the cover. Why not email him through Ebay and ask? I did, and got the answer I expected from accessing his auctions, none of the books therein having stamps or writing on the cover, and no pre-super hero Marvels/Atlas'). His auctions even state, "never sold any high grade books with writing, stamps, etc. on the cover...never will, past, present, future". How come nobody here is contesting that? Honestly Banner, step out of character for a minute and answer that one. Be a man for once and answer like one...did you ever see him auction a pre-superhero TTA????

These are the little unimportant things called facts that fill in a bigger picture that you neither admit to, nor take note of. The flaws in your many concocted stories.

I would think that Keys, knowing you his most ardent enemy, would have banned you from bidding in his auctions, No???? If that's true, how could you have won anything?

What's to stop anyone from saying at this point, "yeah..I got that purple top from keys". Whoever makes a statement like that would get a medal from you on here, whether it's true or false, and even if false, it would still be accepted as concrete evidence.

It's "fishy" because I said "jailed". I'm repeating what was said in the report above that came from a newspaper!! It said 90 days. Wouldn't you think that meant 90 days in jail or do you suppose that meant 90 days in Atlantic City??

Hey Mr.Nice I called it fishy because you said "Jailed" before the the report was posted. Your Out of Order.

Order I call for Order...........

Can we have some ORDER here....

Russell

p.s. Again I've got no clue to who you are or who you claim to be. I'm just pointing out that one item only. Beside, I agree why do you support this person so much???

It's been fun Meth, and while I'll continue to try and protect others from fraud, I'm done with this tit for tat with you (a roar goes up from the crowd! 27_laughing.gif). You can be pretty funny when you're not threatening people or accusing others of being on a witch hunt, and you've shown you have a lot of good information. So, in your next reincarnation I would suggest sticking to the positive input and humor, and not reveal yourself by defending your other personas. 893naughty-thumb.gif

But at this point, your continued denials of the fact that you're meth/hammer/blackshotzky/comic_keys/etc., are a little embarassing. Actually, while you deny it, it appears you've accepted the fact that no one here believes you so you've retreated all the way back to your last line of defense that no one has "...concrete evidence, not beliefs, that Fantazia is Comic-Keys." And I guess that's true...for now! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif