• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Lee for sale

17 posts in this topic

did you see who the seller was?

none other than John Schneider himself, and he is hawking a bunch of other stuff as well.

Guess the part time role as Superboy's dead father don't pay the bills

I saw this earlier and put it on my watch list. Funny how many cancelled bids there are on this one. It had 63 bidders when I first saw it at $2,700,100 and last time I looked, it's now has 59 bidders at $2,300,100.

It seems like crazy money. I mean think about how many Action #1s you could buy for that tongue.gif

It's even crazier considering they wrecked about 3 of those per episode.

There are dozens of "real General Lees" out there... actually used in the show...

For $2Mil, you could easily collect them all. grin.gif

There are dozens of "real General Lees" out there... actually used in the show...

They did indeed wreck shloads of them during the course of the show. When all was said and done, only 19 real General Lees left over from the show's run survived. A group of collectors managed to buy 17 of them from WB. If anybody is interested, the story is here .

The followup: Did Schneider employ shill bidding? The General Lee didn't sell after all, the high bidder reneged. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

General Lee No Sale

Weird. the article states:

The winning bidder — identified on his eBay home page as William Fisher, or "fishbashr1" — did not return e-mails and did not answer the phone listed for his house in Laguna Hills.

Yet according to the auction description:

Winning bidder: madysdadi( 120)

with this feedback:

This is the guy that for fun, decided to bid on the General Lee. Thanks....

Seller johnsebiz( 329)

The followup: Did Schneider employ shill bidding? The General Lee didn't sell after all, the high bidder reneged. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

General Lee No Sale

Weird. the article states:

The winning bidder — identified on his eBay home page as William Fisher, or "fishbashr1" — did not return e-mails and did not answer the phone listed for his house in Laguna Hills.

Yet according to the auction description:

Winning bidder: madysdadi( 120)

with this feedback:

This is the guy that for fun, decided to bid on the General Lee. Thanks....

Seller johnsebiz( 329)

They're one and the same. The guy just changed his eBay handle.

What's really funny is the positive feedback the winning bidder left for them...

I HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHO DID THIS TO YOU!! Let me know if I can help!!!!

Ya, you could help by chucking up the 9.9 mil tongue.gif

They did indeed wreck shloads of them during the course of the show. When all was said and done, only 19 real General Lees left over from the show's run survived. A group of collectors managed to buy 17 of them from WB. If anybody is interested, the story is here .

Being a MOPAR guy in my younger days (I had a '73 Charger in High School), I was under the impression that they had a full team to repair them over and over again. I'm sure they bent a goodly number of frames into oblivion, though.