• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupid Ebayer of the day

18 posts in this topic

I had asked what the reserve was on this auction here

and this is the response I got.

thanks for your interest, but as you are well aware, the comic is worth considerably more than 290. Mile high sells at 1800, overstreet prices at 1300. So whoever got it at 290 was a lucky person indeed. Thanks again for your interest.

Umm, I don't think the book is worth "considerably" more than $290. I wouldn't pay any more than guide which is $346 in 2.0. A BIN price of $800 is acceptable for a 4.5 or 5.0 maybe, but not a 2.0. Stupid Ebayer of the day indeed. makepoint.gif

The seller who sold Bob Scully to Steve wins today.

Nice circus program

Jack

Why am I even here? Good f-ing question. I think this forum has sunk a bit too low for someone who chooses not to partake in the dark side of comic collecting

With so many morally-bankrupt scam artists running around here, with only greed on their small minds, I'd probably have more fun talking over the rights of the victim with Death Row inmates.

So on that note, I'll let the criminals run the forums once again, and you can all regale each other with tales of scams long past. I can't bear to be in the company of such reprobates any longer.

So keep on ripping off the old folks, you black-hearted dwarves, and someday you'll get what's coming to you. Trust me.

For everyone that chooses not to rip others off, it's been a slice.

This seller may take a close 2nd place.

The collection begins with issue #119 (1979) and sporadically runs to issue #379 (2000). 156 Issues! Starting bid --> $3500.00

Link

This seller may take a close 2nd place.

The collection begins with issue #119 (1979) and sporadically runs to issue #379 (2000). 156 Issues! Starting bid --> $3500.00

Link

"I have closely inspected each and every one of the comic books, and I can honestly and accurately say these are in Very Good to Near Mint condition. ONLY ONE OWNER! "

HAW! Pretty safe bet.

Jack

Oppps! I take back my above post.

This $100,000.00 auction takes it.

Oscar the Grouch

"The right person would take a trip to Las Vegas to see it in person."

DeeDee and TonyStark, are you going to check it out? Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Or is those your photos?

Jack

(Oscar's good friends with Hello Kitty)

Why am I even here? Good f-ing question. I think this forum has sunk a bit too low for someone who chooses not to partake in the dark side of comic collecting

With so many morally-bankrupt scam artists running around here, with only greed on their small minds, I'd probably have more fun talking over the rights of the victim with Death Row inmates.

So on that note, I'll let the criminals run the forums once again, and you can all regale each other with tales of scams long past. I can't bear to be in the company of such reprobates any longer.

So keep on ripping off the old folks, you black-hearted dwarves, and someday you'll get what's coming to you. Trust me.

He did get what was coming to him. Just a few days before he won that auction for only $10 he took a $10k hit on a book he had at Heritage and he handled it with class. For that he was rewarded with another good deal.

Now... get off the high horse before you hurt yourself sumo.gif

He did get what was coming to him. Just a few days before he won that auction for only $10 he took a $10k hit on a book he had at Heritage and he handled it with class. For that he was rewarded with another good deal.

foreheadslap.gif

gossip.gifThat was a quote (from JC), not Bug's actual opinion.

foreheadslap.gif

gossip.gifThat was a quote (from JC), not Bug's actual opinion.

popcorn.gif