• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk trade question

26 posts in this topic

I've got a very very nice copy of Incredible Hulk #2, would it really be stupid to trade this book for a graded "good" #1? Somehow, I was able to buy the #2 for $400 a couple of years ago. Since I don't have much in it, I'm really confused on what to do. What would you do? Here's a pic of #2:

ih2.jpg

Trade it. Hulk 1 is a KEY. If the Hulk 2 were 9.0 or better then I would think twice for trading it even for a low end key as high grade Marvels are scarce. What are you valueing the #2 at?

Trade it. Hulk 1 is a KEY. If the Hulk 2 were 9.0 or better then I would think twice for trading it even for a low end key as high grade Marvels are scarce. What are you valueing the #2 at?

Well, two weeks ago I declined a $900 offer from a collector trying to complete his six issue run. My LCS buddy said I was stupid for not selling it, but I like the character/book. Hey, it's still the first green Hulk! cool.gif

The Hulk 1 that I sold on the boards as a raw 1.0 came back from CGC at a later date at a 1.5 grade...tape on the spine and all...I think it sold for over $800.....

The #1 is always going to be the most desireable.

Well, two weeks ago I declined a $900 offer from a collector trying to complete his six issue run. My LCS buddy said I was stupid for not selling it, but I like the character/book. Hey, it's still the first green Hulk! cool.gif

Unless they are high grade, 9.0 or better, Marvels are very very common books. I'd look to profit on them if the chance comes around, because you can always get them back in pretty much any grade you want (8.0 or lower persay)...you could have flipped that #2 for $900 and bought a solid lower grade copy and made some $$ 893applaud-thumb.gif But, yah, 1st Green Hulk is cool thumbsup2.gif

Well gang, I've got a horrible tale to tell. I met the guy with #1 and he had it in a plastic case. He was telling me about the split spine in places on the book. I then asked if the cover was on the verge of coming off. He said if you're careful it could be read many times without that worry. I then asked to look at the book. Well, the spine was worse off than I thought. Soon after opening the cover, I could see that most of the cover was attached by pieces up and down the spine. I don't have to tell you what happened next. Yep, the cover started to detatch in my hands and almost came all the way off!!! foreheadslap.gif I begged him to grab the book in an attempt to salvage it. Needless to say, I feel like total garbage over this incident but I must say the guy took it well (better than I did). I didn't buy the #1 but got a FF#5 instead. I think he added a little to the price to make up for the Hulk book and to tell the truth, I didn't mind. I know one thing, I ain't touchin' nobody's book until I buy it for now on.