• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which copy of Batman # 9 would you keep?

22 posts in this topic

I have 2 copies of Batman # 9. 1 was purchased from Metropolis a while ago. It appears to be a solid Good copy with lots and lots of tape though on the front cover. Another copy is a trimmed restored copy graded 1.5 with off white pages. I'm thinkiong of selling 1 and upgrading to a nice unrestored copy. Which would you keep? And am I right that the raw copy would grade about a Good? Thanks. All opinions are welcome.

Batman_9_restored_jpg.thumb.jpg

I have 2 copies of Batman # 9. 1 was purchased from Metropolis a while ago. It appears to be a solid Good copy with lots and lots of tape though on the front cover. Another copy is a trimmed restored copy graded 1.5 with off white pages. I'm thinkiong of selling 1 and upgrading to a nice unrestored copy. Which would you keep? And am I right that the raw copy would grade about a Good? Thanks. All opinions are welcome.

I would say to keep the one from Metropolis.

S

I would say to keep the one from Metropolis.

S

have to agree with metro S here...I never touch a trimmed book (at least not intentionally), so keep the non trimmed one (metro purchased, in this case)...

gator

I can't stand trimmed books. Keep the taped one. But if you're upgrading to a better copy anyway, why not sell both and then upgrade? It won't hurt you to go without a copy of #9 until you upgrade. Heck, I've never had one and I'm OK.

I can't stand trimmed books. Keep the taped one. But if you're upgrading to a better copy anyway, why not sell both and then upgrade? It won't hurt you to go without a copy of #9 until you upgrade. Heck, I've never had one and I'm OK.

I'd sell them both too if you are upgrading. Bat 9 is not too tough a book to find. Or, if you don't want to go long without a copy in hand, sell one copy first, upgrade, then sell the other copy....

Thanks for the commnents everyone. Here are larger scans. First is the raw copy, then the CGC restored copy.

A8u5K0S1LK3SjId7lG2rqxcRbRHRMJHu0300.jpg

KlHmntsFlYvh+VOrvFK43YkldGJeuyta0300.jpg

I would like to keep one and sell the other towards a nice copy. The restored copy has no tape as the raw copy does, but not sure which one is actually in better condition- I would like to keep the higher graded copy for now. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

the trimmed book may look nicer, but it can't be a "higher" grade technically, because it has had part of the book removed (so, poor is highest I would grade, technically)....the other is not near as nice looking, but at least it has not been trimmed (only poorly repaired)...

however, for a few hundred dollars, I bet that tape could be removed and the large tear sealed, and you would have a really nice looking book that is not trimmed...

gator

I would get rid of both and try to pick up something that is at least 4.0

I think we all agree on that smile.gif, but he seems to want to keep one of them...

gator

Best advice I've heard all day.

the trimmed book may look nicer, but it can't be a "higher" grade technically, because it has had part of the book removed (so, poor is highest I would grade, technically)....the other is not near as nice looking, but at least it has not been trimmed (only poorly repaired)...

however, for a few hundred dollars, I bet that tape could be removed and the large tear sealed, and you would have a really nice looking book that is not trimmed...

gator

listen to 'Da Man' :grin: